PDA

View Full Version : why wont my clowns Mate!!!???

giambi4343
01/25/2009, 03:16 PM
i have had my pair of ocellaris in my tank for a year. they have not laid eggs yet. i have tried feeding them alot, getting them an anemone, and making the tank as stress free as possible. i have a pink skunk clown in the tank that stays on the complete opposite side of the tank as the pair. the pair has recently( about a month ago), hosted to my torch coral. is there anything else i can do to try to "seduce them"? :)

NirvanaFan
01/25/2009, 03:25 PM
They can take anywhere from 6 months to never to start laying eggs. My ocellaris clowns laid their first batch about 15 months after I got them as juveniles from the LFS.

JamesJR
01/26/2009, 01:27 PM
Have you interfered with the tank at all? rearanging the rocks and changing your lighting schedule can offset their cycles and keep them from spawning.

cbr600rri
01/26/2009, 06:38 PM
...adding additional comments from the last 2.

it can be many reasons, i.e., your pink skunk. Even though you said it stays on the other side. It just may interfere with your pair. Some pairs just don't feel comfortable. My True Perc pair took almost 4 yrs before laying. And even if you see both cleaning an area, it'll take a good X amount of months before finally laying. Are yours cleaning the glass/rock? Have patience and give them some time. They don't like to be watched :) btw, if you really want them stress free and if you have time and space, another tank just for them may help but that's not always the case.