PDA

View Full Version : Stocking list help for 75g!

Reefer08
01/26/2009, 01:25 AM
Im setting up a 75g tank. 36"x24"x20". I want a ton of small fish. Several anthias and wrasses. Im going to have a huge protein skimmer so I can handle the bio-load.

Currently I have
1 Royal Gamma
1 Six Line Wrasse

Can I add several anthias of different families without aggression problems?

Reefer08
01/27/2009, 01:13 AM
Can anyone let me know if having differen't types of anthias will be okay in this size tank? Maybe a total of 6-8 anthias?

snorvich
01/27/2009, 06:06 AM
the anthias should be fine. Additional wrasses may be more difficult with the six line.

jubjub
01/27/2009, 01:08 PM
well......check out lubbocks wrasses they are colorful and cheap and pretty hardy mine eats like a piggy... not sure how compatible it is with a 6line though as well....

i think bartlets might be a better anthias for you though since they dont get as big as a lyratail.

giambi4343
01/27/2009, 04:18 PM
+1 on the bartlets anthias. i also recommend getting a few cardinals. they are easy to care for and have losts of personality. there are a few small species of cardinals that sound like wou;d fit pretty good in with your plan. one thing that i have in my tank, which is a little different from other peoples tanks is a golden dwarf eel. they are very interesting specimins and get to know you pretty well. i have tamed mine to pose for pics:) he has never touched any of my fish or corals. they are just pretty hard to find. got mine off ebay from hawaii. they stay pretty small. about a foot or so but only about as wide as a pencil. (not trying to be perverted) lmao:)