PDA

View Full Version : Copperbanded Butterfly question...

FutureInterest
01/27/2009, 04:22 AM
Anyone know if these guys will eat larger feather dusters like coco worms or the larger ornamental ones?

michellejy
01/27/2009, 08:29 AM
As far as I know of, any feather duster is at risk.

Laddy
01/27/2009, 10:40 AM
Good question. Look up at the top of this forum in the copperband butterfly primer for all your CBB needs :D

I would think it would be at risk, however, there are others who may actually have had this happen.

Zaita
01/27/2009, 12:36 PM
Simple answer. "Chomp Chomp Chomp" :P

FutureInterest
01/28/2009, 10:51 PM
I read through the FAQ and didn't find any info pertaining to larger feather dusters. I imagine it would be a risk but wanted to know for sure... Anyone with actual personal experience or even heard about it from a guy from another guy? :)

Thanks.

snorvich
01/29/2009, 06:19 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14254674#post14254674 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Zaita
Simple answer. "Chomp Chomp Chomp" :P

Yes they will. But they often starve to death in aquaria because they won't eat.

michellejy
01/29/2009, 08:08 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14268161#post14268161 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by FutureInterest
I read through the FAQ and didn't find any info pertaining to larger feather dusters. I imagine it would be a risk but wanted to know for sure... Anyone with actual personal experience or even heard about it from a guy from another guy? :)

Thanks.

I heard about it from a guy from another guy ;)

There was a post on here quite a while ago where somebody was flipping out about his brand new copperband butterfly eating all of his feather dusters in a single day. I've seen a few other posts since then mentioning that people were happy to see their copperband eating, even if it was eating all of their feather dusters.

No, I don't have personal experience, however. I researched their needs and compatibility first and liked the fish more than feather dusters so I bought one without the other.

I believe they will also eat coco worms and Christmas worms, although maybe that's just different names for the same thing. I'm still figuring some of this stuff out.

FutureInterest
01/30/2009, 01:45 AM
The one I'm getting is from a friend's tank and it eats mysis and even flakes. It's a fantastic lil cbb but I guess I'll just have to do without featherdusters...:sad: