PDA

View Full Version : PFO Lighting- Solaris

gsumner2
01/28/2009, 04:43 PM
Does anyone know why PFO lighting (Solaris) is not answering or returning calls? I haven't been able to talk with anyone there for over a week--what gives?

Rhizo
01/28/2009, 04:45 PM
Something about their system down? Somebody in the lighting forum had asked the same. Do a search on it it should come up.

xenon
01/28/2009, 04:46 PM
Sure glad I went with AI. :)

OceanLover2
01/28/2009, 11:52 PM
I HATE TO BE THE BEARER OF BAD NEWS BUT SOLARIS/PFO IS KNOWN INDUSTRY WIDE FOR THEIR POOR SERVICE.

I paid for an elaborate Solaris system 1.5 years ago. I loved the way it looked and how programmable it was. I especially like the moon lights reflecting the moon's monthly patterns. But soon bulbs were burning out (when they are supposed to be good for 15 years). I did get a replacement once of some lights but could never reach Solaris again. I went to the store that sold the lights to me and they tried repeatedly to get a hold of them but they couldn't reach them either.

Then the remaining lights all started getting dim after about 8 months and the coral started looking real bad. So we pulled the expensive Solaris lights and replaced them with T5s and moon lights.

I understand that they had quality control issues with manufacturing being out of the country. Now they have moved manufacturing into the USA but I don't know what that means in terms of quality. I am not willing to throw another $4000 down the tube so I won't be buying another set.

Mark426
01/29/2009, 04:59 AM
See this thread......

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1563402

snorvich
01/29/2009, 05:23 AM
While I always love to investigate "new technology" I always remember that being a pioneer with expensive technology can be problematical.