PDA

View Full Version : Membrane

rbb213
01/28/2009, 08:12 PM
I have a few questions, that Im gonna ask...

1. Is it possible to add a second membrane?
2. What are the benefits ?

3. I have a Typhoon III, 100 gpd system...I purchased the 4 stage, but where Im at, in Lawton, Oklahoma, the water is garbage!!!..

Since way back when, When I purchased the system, I have a 5 stage, maybe an overkill, but who knows,

This is how my system is set up..

Stage one 5mic sediment
two 1 mic sediment
three 5 mic carbon
four 1 mic carbon
RO membrane
five di

Now, I've changed everything and still get a 10-30 ppm on the tds side...Im getting to the point that my membrane is shot, or I may need to add another .

Water pressure maintains about 85psi all the time, so any help would be appreciated in where I need to take this..

Rocky

Khandurian
01/30/2009, 06:52 PM
I'm surprised no one has answer this. The 10-30 TDS is this after the DI or before the DI?

If it's before the DI, that's in my opinion pretty good. If that's after the DI, then your DI is depleted and you need to replace it.

rbb213
01/30/2009, 07:35 PM
Im getting that range after my di...and this is fresh DI...

Khandurian
02/01/2009, 08:51 AM
Thats not good. The only thing I can think of is the type of DI that you got. Mixed bed? Anion? or Cation?

What's your incoming TDS?
Whats your TDS after the Membrane?
We already got your TDS after the DI.

Normally the DI will mop up what ever is left over. However, the one other time I saw this happen, it was that the person bought bulk DI and didn't pack the resin in tight enough so it wasn't making enough contact with the water.

rbb213
02/02/2009, 12:50 PM
I found out what is going on....I completely disassembled my system, and re did all the hoses...apparently when I got my system, it wasnt plumbed correctly...However, I finally was in contact with AWI, and sent me a diagram of how it should be set up..and now my tds before DI is 12.,...wow, what an improvment and now, Im getting my 0 like I should.

Khandurian
02/03/2009, 06:25 PM
Oh shesh! I was still 2 more steps away before having you check that. Guess I should start off with that eh?

Glad you got it working!