PDA

View Full Version : best placement and flow for favia

garygonzales
01/29/2009, 05:58 PM
i currently have mine on the bottom with low to med flow...it looks as tho it might be receeding alittle bit...i try to fed but it dosent take any food even after lights off....just wondering where everybody keeps theres at.......

LPS_Blasto
01/30/2009, 05:26 PM
I keep favia under medium light (12" under T5 lights) and medium flow. They grow like weeds.

garygonzales
01/30/2009, 06:09 PM
i have t5 lights also and right now there on the bottom of tank...flow is about med too..did you feed yours.........

LPS_Blasto
01/30/2009, 06:44 PM
I feed various supplements to my LPS tanks. From phyto, cyto, marine snow, zoo plankton and trace elements. I even feed krill and mysis to my acans and candycanes. Anything thats fleshy and has tentacles that will grab stuff and pull it into the mouth gets fed meaty stuff at least weekly, sometimes twice weekly. I am not normal though. I overfeed my tanks. I run skimmers rated about 5x or 6x bigger than the tanks. The water is probably stripped of all organic nutrients except for the days I feed and turn off the skimmers. For example, the 240g tank is hooked to a separate sump and separate refugium. Total system capacity is about 420g. I run 2 skimmers on that tank, an ASM G-6 and a commercial ETTS 1400XR dual downdraft.

I wouldn't classify what I do as anything remotely close to "normal". I kinda do my own thing and get a lot of laughs about what others post on these forums.

ihavtats29
01/30/2009, 10:01 PM
bottom tank , not on sand ( my favia does not like sand at all! and i lost 80% due to sand ) med flow