PDA

View Full Version : galaxy pe's not opening

sabazerehi
01/30/2009, 01:27 PM
I got a frag of two polyps of galaxy people eaters from a fellow reefer and they were opening nicely for the first few weeks but they've been closed for the last week or more now. Water params are perfect, they're in the middle of the tank under 4 39w t5s in a 40g.i do water changes on average every week and a half oh and calcium is at 450. I have many other zoa drags that are doing well. I've evn been dozing vit c for over a month now, however, I haven't been able to the last few days. The polyps themselves look healthy, I used super glue gel to attach them to a rock, could that be irritating them? But they were fine the first few weeks. Thanks guys. I know this question gets asked a lot but I'm stumped here.

Fishindude88
01/30/2009, 02:47 PM
What kind of flow are they in?

sabazerehi
01/30/2009, 08:03 PM
medium flow

Fishindude88
01/30/2009, 08:46 PM
People Eaters sometimes close for some time while they are pushing out some new polyps. Does it look like this could be happening?

sabazerehi
01/30/2009, 11:25 PM
nope, i got some milky way people eaters from the same guy and i can see that one is budding already, but not this one.

Fishindude88
01/31/2009, 08:34 AM
Well you could try moving it to more light and see how it reacts. I have had polyps that I've fragged that were doing fine for a little while and then suddenly they close. Sometimes they re-open, sometimes they don't. Your best bet would be to move it into a spot with more light at this point.

sabazerehi
01/31/2009, 01:09 PM
ok, i'll give that shot. just wanted to make sure there wasn't something i didn't think of. thanks