PDA

View Full Version : Tera Whisper Filter INTO a HOB FUGE???

joncowden
01/30/2009, 03:47 PM
Hey
I was wondering if I could transform a Tera Whisper HOB filter into a HOB Fuge for my tank... I would like to do away with the mechanical filter and use as much natural items as I can for clear water.. But would I have to skim if I do this?? Thanks in advance...

Jon

46FiatYamaha
01/30/2009, 10:26 PM
you can use it for that, I'm not sure how much benefit you'll get from it considering they aren't very large, depends on the size of your tank. Another option that I have heard of quite a few times is to use a larger marineland emperor filter, remove the filter pads and bio wheels and put a small light on it. I use something similar in my sump for holding a carbon media bag. If you do regular water changes and careful not to overfeed you wouldn't have to skim, but I'm sure it would benefit if you did

ihavtats29
01/30/2009, 10:45 PM
i used a wisper 40-60 on a older tank i had for a fuge , no macro alge but i filled it with live rock rubble and i slowed down the flow by removing 2 of the opposing fins on the prop, this was a old style with out the adjustable flow rate it served its purpose to keep a supply of pods