PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on fish addition

2_zoa
01/31/2009, 11:46 AM
I have a 29G Bio Cube with a clown fish and a six line wrasse. I would like to add a damsel fish to the tank. does anyone see a problem with this?

The damsel would either be a yellow tail or a blue damsel.

RyanMcLaughlin
01/31/2009, 01:20 PM
yes. damsels are very agressive and will pick on your other fish. Especiall in that small of a tank. The clown may be able to hold itself since it is a damsel relative but i think that sixling would be in trouble and any other fish additions would be screwed.

Ritten
01/31/2009, 01:48 PM
I have a 30 gallon with a pair of black and white clowns. I could not add anything because the clowns were so agressive. I added a yellow tail blue damsel about eight months ago and everyone seems happy. Also a very pretty fish.

FlyinggFish
01/31/2009, 02:25 PM
A royal gramma would do good! Very inexpensive and nice fish.
Or a Yellow Watchman Goby!

OneReef
01/31/2009, 02:59 PM
firefish, or a goby/blenny would be a nice addition to that size tank. No damsels.

2_zoa
01/31/2009, 05:18 PM
Thank you for the replys,

With this being such a small tank I was done and very happy with just the two fish. I would agree that another typ of fish would be a much better match for an addition. However what I will be doing is moving one of these damsels. For what ever reason they have decided that they don't like each other any more. Sorry I didn't mention that in the beginning, I did in the reef fish forum but not here.oops. Also the yellow tail is about 1/2" long and the blue is more like 1". From what I understand the blue damsel is more aggressive than the yellow tail. They are both pretty unruelly tho.

The yellow tail being the smallest of the two and will be the smallest in the 29, thats for sure. the clown is smaller than the sixline and the clown will be twice the size of the yellow tail. Maybe he will mind his P's & Q's.

Thank you for the help.