View Full Version : Garage or No Garage

reeftard73
01/31/2009, 09:31 PM
Garage or no Garage in this pic?

http://www.treehugger.com/toyota-prius-fake-ads-03.jpg

Jandree22
01/31/2009, 09:38 PM
No garage.

1) Blinds in the windows indicate a room (who the hell puts venetian blinds in a garage?!)

2) The section of house looks too short for a garage. (unless you're talking the Prius only... try fitting a Tahoe in there)

3) On the picket fence, the far left where it joins up with the house, you can see the vine hanging over, and it extends down along the white trim of the house, indicating the fence is flush with the front of the house.

No garage :p

Jandree22
01/31/2009, 09:47 PM
Here's a bigger version :D

And the fence still looks flush with the front of the house, but I was mistaken with the 'vine'. It looks more like a part of that ugly tree.

http://www.stimulans.se/gifs/Prius3large.jpg

reeftard73
01/31/2009, 10:00 PM
You're a crackhead. I have blinds on all 3 windows in my garage.

Tampico96
01/31/2009, 10:38 PM
I think it is a garage.

Blinds in the garage is not so wierd. Some home owners assoc. require "all windows facing street side, must have uniformally neutral window coverings."

Jandree22
01/31/2009, 10:49 PM
Meh, garages... who needs 'em anyhow! Carports are where it's at, naked and blind-free on all 3 sides. :D

On a side note, just noticed there is a rainbow mounted in the flower bed. hrmmmm.... peculiar.

reeftard73
02/01/2009, 12:07 AM
Get Billy to resolve the tag number on the car. Its a NY tag, but I'm sure he still has connections. We'll find out if this damn house has a garage or not.

NCNBilly
02/01/2009, 07:56 AM
Possibly.. I can find out if it's stolen, but I don't think I have a connection to the NY DOT.

FWIW, my parents have miniblinds on their garage windows.

bmorecopper
02/01/2009, 01:45 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14290088#post14290088 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jandree22
No garage.

1) Blinds in the windows indicate a room (who the hell puts venetian blinds in a garage?!)

I do! Actually they were there when we moved in.

2) The section of house looks too short for a garage. (unless you're talking the Prius only... try fitting a Tahoe in there)

The wall where the windows are can be an extension from the garage, toward the street to give an enclosure on the end of the porch. If you take the distance from the end of the porch enclosure to half way to the house door, you can add another three feet. This would give enough room to fit a car. (maybe not a Tahoe) If you look inside of the house the stairs are offset to the left so there would infact be enough room to have a hallway to the right of the stairs toward the back of the house.

3) On the picket fence, the far left where it joins up with the house, you can see the vine hanging over, and it extends down along the white trim of the house, indicating the fence is flush with the front of the house.

If you look real close the vine is not a vine it is a limb from the tree.
However, (and this is the tell tail) by looking at the picture you can see where there are steps just in front of the fence. If this were a garage, these steps are too high to enter. If this was a room the steps height would make sense. A standard floor joist is 2x10. If you were to use a 2x10 on top of where the concrete stops (on said room/garage) this would make the floor level to the steps on the side of the house. Even though it would not be level to the rest of the house, it is not unheard of to have to step down into a den.

No garage :p

I agree, No garage!

Jandree22
02/01/2009, 01:56 PM
Very fine analysis bmorecopper. I'd love to hear the explanation of stepping up into a garage ;)

Digressing a bit, here are two other fine examples from the naughty Prius series.

http://www.hybridcars.com/files/prius-ad-3a.jpg

http://www.hybridcars.com/files/prius-ad-1a.jpg

I still think blinds on garage windows are silly :p

Joe
02/01/2009, 02:31 PM
You are all wack! My wife (the realtor) says that the Prius belongs to the gardner, and the husband's car is IN THE GARAGE! .
The garage door is on the side, and the fence is on the back of the house. She also says "as usual, the husband is clueless".

Joe

reeftard73
02/01/2009, 03:37 PM
Joe's right.

Elysia
02/02/2009, 12:35 AM
'tard, you just can't take it that you set up a poll to prove I was wrong, when all you proved is that there are 2 other analytical Susq. Reefers who know that THERE IS NO GARAGE.

If there was a homeowner's association, no way they would allow that stupid little sign in the front yard.

No offense to Joe's wife, but the ad clearly states that its the woman's prius {"Well, at least she drives a Prius."} From the way he is being treated, my guess is, his car is parked by the curb.

turbonegro
02/05/2009, 06:00 PM
Garage

NCNBilly
02/06/2009, 06:15 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14298237#post14298237 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Elysia

No offense to Joe's wife, but the ad clearly states that its the woman's prius {"Well, at least she drives a Prius."} From the way he is being treated, my guess is, his car is parked by the curb.

You are assuming the gardner is a man. I have a few movies that start off like that.