PDA

View Full Version : Why do AIO's include crap you do not need ?

bluegrizzlies1
02/01/2009, 03:49 PM
These companies should know by now that half the crap they include with these systems people just throw away.

Really why dont they include a maxi jet 900 or 1200 for the return a koralia nano or 1 depending on the tank size and chemi pure elite and some filter floss?

cherubfish pair
02/01/2009, 09:22 PM
Putting the cheap algae magnet scrapers is a waste of money, completely worthless.

Agu
02/01/2009, 09:37 PM
They have to justify the obscene prices they charge for for those overpriced pieces of garbage.

Kinda like the people who buy them........... and they try to justify wasting money on an overpriced box for water.

I've said this before but AIO tanks are designed to seperate the reefer from his/her money. AIO tanks are the most over rated over priced products currently available in the hobby. If you're going to spend that much money they need to be turn key with the best equipment and accessories from the get go, not expensive crap that needs major modification.

mnml
02/01/2009, 09:52 PM
Actually I'm still using all the equipment that came with my AIO. Yes I had to add a few items like skimmer, chiller, ato, etc. but the base system had everything I wanted.

I do not think it was a waste of money (for me) since the tank I have had the look and design I was not able to find in a stand alone, nor do I think it was over priced. If I had to do it all over agian, I would still choose an AIO just because it's easier to set up and less need for mods (I'm not as crafty as others on this board).

rhunter513
02/02/2009, 10:55 AM
Because aio tanks can be used for a freshwater system, they make for a great plant tank.

phenom5
02/02/2009, 11:37 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14297064#post14297064 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Agu
They have to justify the obscene prices they charge for for those overpriced pieces of garbage.

Kinda like the people who buy them........... and they try to justify wasting money on an overpriced box for water.

I've said this before but AIO tanks are designed to seperate the reefer from his/her money. AIO tanks are the most over rated over priced products currently available in the hobby. If you're going to spend that much money they need to be turn key with the best equipment and accessories from the get go, not expensive crap that needs major modification.

Absolutely agree. I can build an AIO tank using a standard glass tank, with much better equipment, for so much cheaper.

El Camaron
02/02/2009, 01:44 PM
I paid 240 for my solana tank and i use everything that came with it except the small bioball bags, the stock skimmer works great, the return pump is eficient and the only other thing i have added was a bag of chemypure which no AIO tank is going to come with and a JBJ ATO that i had on my last tank. I do beleive that the ATO in solana needs some rethinking, other than that i am very happy with the purchase and also do not think it was a waste of money.