PDA

View Full Version : Dual Timer Power Strip

syded70
02/02/2009, 02:17 AM
Does anyone have any information about a dual timer power strip. I dont want one that has the dials. I have been through about 10 of these strips. The dials stop working after about 2 weeks.

I want to get one that is digital but i cant find one that controls the atentics and one that controls the super atentics.

snorvich
02/02/2009, 06:21 AM
I used digital intermatics and love them. I don't know of a power strip that has equivalent functionality built in that actually works well.

Lightsluvr
02/02/2009, 06:23 AM
I have been looking also, but had to settle on the Coralife Aqualight Power Center (which has dials) that allow alternating control of actinics/moonlights on one dial and metal halides on the second dial. I have been using three of these for over two years. Maybe I have been lucky.

I will be follwoing your thread in case somebody knows of a digital timer that will do what you want.

LL

LunarDDS
02/02/2009, 07:58 AM
Another thread just popped up on my local forum about a Coralife dual dial burning up. Came home to the house smelling like smoke. Thing just shorted and flamed out. I guess he is lucky there was no fire but he is tearing down his tank now. I think I'm about to go buy a heavy duty power strip and a few intermatics to replace the coralife unit I have.

syded70
02/03/2009, 03:28 AM
Do not buy these power strips. Like i stated, i have purchased 10 and returned 10 in a years time. They are shorting out and malfunctioning. I am using properly.