PDA

View Full Version : Eaten or not eaten sea weed sheet ?

mling
02/02/2009, 09:18 AM
OK, this is probably a silly question but I have not fed sea weed sheets of my fishes before

I have primarily Herbivores in my tank, Sailfin and Hypo Tang, Flame Angel, etc. I’ve tried store bought Veggies like lattice ( my previous Yellow Tang would always gobble it up in a day ) but they all didn’t touch it.

So now I am trying Ocean Nutrition’s Brown Algae. No one touched it so I left it overnight. The color, seem to have gotten lighter today, light green versus brown in the clip, as compared to the part in the Clip.
Not having fed sea weed before I am not sure if they ate it.

Did the color get lighter due to it being left overnight and slowly dissolving ? Did the fishes nip at it. Is this considered a “eaten” algae ?

I am thinking that no one touched it since I expected to see the sheet shreaded if not just a fraction of it left.

an411
02/02/2009, 11:54 AM
I would say if the sheet is still there that none of the fish ate it. I put some in my clip and the fish are instantly eating it. 1 suggestion I would try is putting some garlic xtreme on the piece and see if they eat it. For some reason garlic seems to get non eating fish to eat plus I have heard that it helps there immune system.

L98-Z
02/02/2009, 11:55 AM
Mine hate the clip, they're scared of it. Took a rock and put the algae on there with two rubberbands. Everyone ate it then.