PDA

View Full Version : Nudibranch problem

boilermaker1
02/03/2009, 05:49 PM
So I come home from work today, give the tank a once over and find a good chunk of my pocillopora is picked clean. There's little white spots all over it, which obviously means I've got nudis. I'm worried now given the close proximity to my Monti cap (and the fact they're glued to the same rock, there's going to be some migration. The only other SPS i have is a birds nest clear on the other side. Question is.... are these nudis gonna eat everything? Or do they tend to have an appetite for one particular type of coral?
Whats the easiest thing to get rid of these with? Dip the whole rock in something like Iodine or Lugols?
I just went though an ich outbreak, this is really the last thing I need.
One more thing... the pocillopora colony has a crab in it.... if i iodine or lugols it, I assume I'm gonna kill the crab? (not that he's doing much to defend the colony from getting eaten anyways)
Is there a fish I could put in to eat nudis? Maybe something that's not quite as mean as a 6 line?

MileHighFish
02/03/2009, 08:21 PM
I had them and they only ate montis, I pulled out the coral I could and put them in a bucket with tank water and with a pipette I shot water on them and knocked them into the bucket. I did the same thing to the montis affixed to the rock work. I also introduced a Melanurus Wrasse between the two I havent seen one for about 3 months. My montis all recovered but I did lose two before I started treatment. I tried the lugols dip and it didnt do much but get the corals slimy.