PDA

View Full Version : AquaCave = Bad Service

rort
02/04/2009, 04:13 PM
I have been given the run around from this company from the first time I tried to purchase anything from them. My first and LAST purchase is a Octopus DNW 150 Skimmer. The problems started even before I received the skimmer. They took my $ and then two weeks later, no skimmer, no tracking # I CALL THEM to find out that they never had it in stock when their website clearly said it did. It took another week to get the skimmer and when I received it wasn't working properly. I tried to contact them with in 20days after purchase and no response. multiple phone calls and emails. NO RESPONSE

Have tried to contact in the last 2 weeks and again NOTHING. Finally got a hold of them on the phone but am extremely disappointed and will NEVER be buying from them again.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

AquaCave
02/04/2009, 05:50 PM
Roberto,
You did not indicate that you have any customer service issues when I talked to you earlier today. It's always more productive to discuss these issues in person so we can come up with the best solution for the problem.
Just to recap:
You purchased this skimmer from us on 08/28/2008. It was out of stock at that time and CoralVue was waiting for their shipment to arrive. Once these skimmers became available your unit shipped out immediately. It was shipped on 09/08/08 and delivered to you on 09/11/08.
These skimmers are covered with one year warranty and Coralvue is handling all warranty issues for us.
Today you indicated that your pump is not working correctly so we instructed you to contact David at Coralvue to have the pump replaced. It was about 10 min. before you posted your comment here.
Like I stated earlier, if you have any issues and you would like to discuss them please do not hesitate to call me at 847-775-0640.

Albert

tcarroll
02/06/2009, 04:11 PM
I know the feeling my friend,lesson learned for sure on this end.Buyer Beware!

AquaCave
02/06/2009, 04:51 PM
Tim,
Your pump is covered with one year warranty. If it is not working properly please contact Coralvue and they will fix/replace it for you.
If you need Coralvue contact information please let me know and I will send it to you.

Albert

tcarroll
02/06/2009, 05:58 PM
Albert,

I purchased the pump from yall.You should handle the warranty for me for the first thirty or sixty days from purchase.You should back the products you sell.Other Online Retailers take care of there customers and that's why they return to purchase from them.

tcarroll
02/07/2009, 08:36 AM
Aquacave =Bad Service

Ultium
02/07/2009, 05:49 PM
Wow,

I have had an ongoin issue with Aquacave for three months now over the Octopus BH300f.

They did not bother to even reply to me for over four weeks. Finally they sent me through the troubleshooting process, admited the product was defective and promised me in writing via email it would be replaced. They have recently recanted on this promise.

Over three months and I have been through more hell with AquaCave than any other online vendor I have dealt with.

This company does not care about customer experience. I strongly urge everyone to not gamble with your money on them and go else where.

Jeff
02/07/2009, 06:34 PM
I have had nothing but great service from Aquacave. I am only 20 miles away so I get things next day. Albert also honors our club's discount. With the almost free shipping they are offering and the club discount, I cant imagine ordering from anyone else.
Sorry to hear that you two guys are claiming problems.

Ultium
02/07/2009, 06:40 PM
Well, I have been on multiple forums and have heard many other issues with them. I am very glad that you are having a good experience with them as I would not wish my experience on anyone. And it is good the hear that they treat their local population well, but that is not always the case for AquaCave when it comes to many of the rest of us.

Cheers mate, and happy reef keeping.

Jeff
02/07/2009, 06:45 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14342834#post14342834 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ultium
Well, I have been on multiple forums and have heard many other issues with them. I am very glad that you are having a good experience with them as I would not wish my experience on anyone. And it is good the hear that they treat their local population well, but that is not always the case for AquaCave when it comes to many of the rest of us.

Cheers mate, and happy reef keeping.
Can you put up some links to the many other issues or pm them to me? I want to give you the benefit of the doubt but I dont get anything when I google it. This is the first bad thing I have ever heard about them and I check the sponsor forums often.

Ultium
02/07/2009, 07:19 PM
I will consider pm'ing some of these to you, but most I have are discussions I have had via PM from others on many other boards when I post my issues with AquaCave. On this board alone you can find three or four issues in this forum and three or four more in the Reefkeeping forum where I posted my AquaCave experiences. Even these issues that you can read right now are something I cannot find by using google. However, I am working to change some of that by getting my blog about my AquaCave experiences to be toward the top of the first page on google, and that may take a while, as I just started the blog today. But you have given me a good idea. I will collect every link I find with bad customer experiences and Aquacave and include that on my blog as time goes on.

Issues have involved mostly non responsive customer service, some billing screw ups that were not promptly fixed, and there have been other people who have run into serious problems when it comes to AquaCave and Coralvue's relationship and how they seem to pass the buck between each other so that in the end the customer's problem is not fixed.

But the bottom line for me is that I received a defective product, it has never been replaced, I have been given the runaround for over three months now, I was promised in writing it would be replaced, and the promise was not honored.

Jeff
02/07/2009, 07:26 PM
Good luck to you with your blog and quest :).

Ultium
02/07/2009, 07:29 PM
Thank you! I will be sure to post updates here and else where as time goes on.

Jeff
02/07/2009, 07:34 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14343294#post14343294 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ultium
Thank you! I will be sure to post updates here and else where as time goes on.
Good idea, it will be like two blogs regarding Aquacave.

Ultium
02/07/2009, 07:42 PM
Hey, if you do not support me in this fine. I had thought you were moving on since you already wished me luck, but if you want to discuss this further be my guest. You are welcome to PM me as well.

SALT WATER CRAZ
02/07/2009, 07:44 PM
I ordered a big order threw them and everything was in stock but the skimmer witch was drop shipped.

All I can say is that aquacave shipped ever thing I ordered in a timely mater. There was some broken teflon screws that held down the pump for my Geo 818, but they took care of it. At first they set me the wrong replacement screws but they sent the right ones out as soon as I called them.

Josh Candiotti
02/08/2009, 08:44 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14342793#post14342793 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jeff
I have had nothing but great service from Aquacave. I am only 20 miles away so I get things next day. Albert also honors our club's discount. With the almost free shipping they are offering and the club discount, I cant imagine ordering from anyone else.
Sorry to hear that you two guys are claiming problems.

Is the club discount refering to Reefcentral. Or another club?

Jeff
02/08/2009, 09:05 PM
Local club.

BlakDuc
02/11/2009, 09:13 AM
I have had nothing but good experiences as well. You can't expect the small business owner to take it in the shorts every time someone has an issue. That is why the manufacturers have a warranty. Albert offered you some recourse, but instead you chose to come on here and bash a well respected company. I placed a large order with them a while back, 1 item being an Octopus skimmer that was on back order. The whole order was delivered, then I got a call to come pick the skimmer up as soon as the truck pulled up to the door. I only live 10 minutes from them, so it is a lot easier for me than most. Every time I have been there, Albert and the rest of the crew have gone out of their way to make sure that I am happy. That is what customer service is all about IMO.

rort
02/11/2009, 12:44 PM
I am glad that the customers that live close to Aquacave have a great experience! But don't you see the tie between shipping orders and more upset customers.

I am not trying to bash anyone. I am explaing my own, personal buying experience with this company, that is why these vendor forums are here. I worked for a small family business and you can't always make people happy, but when communication is completely disregarded for almost 3 months? That isn't customer service.

And that's MY experience. If you would like to share your own experience please start your own thread.

Josh Candiotti
02/11/2009, 05:02 PM
I think Rort has every right to state his opinion about the company. Unless there is a rule by Reefcentral stating he can't. I am relativley new to reefcentral so I don't know what the policy is. And I think Aquacave is great, however Rort is entitled to his opinion. After all this is America and this is allowed. And if you think he crossed the line and said somthing that would be pushing the limits on this freedom, it really isn't your buisness that is between Aquacave and Rort. But overall I feel Aquacave has pretty good service.

amstar
02/13/2009, 01:44 PM
I just received a large order. everything was shipped in a timely manner, packaged well and nothing was broken and everything looks and works great.

i would go back to aquacave again if I needed anything.

gsoaxionsk8
02/14/2009, 04:04 PM
Personally i really enjoyed my buing exprerience with aquacave, i absolutly would do business with this company in the future.

Gfsrepairs
02/21/2009, 08:53 PM
You can expect a small business owner to take care of short comings. As the owner, it's your job to make your customers happy. I read four different threads and 3 said the same thing, don't answer phones and don't response to emails. I'm a business owner myself and I understand how hard it is to put up your own money and time to resolve things. But I do and my business is 1.5 years old. I've got the 3 biggest accounts in my industry, and a couple hundred small ones. I deal with customer service everyday of my life. That's why with in one year, i took over my industry.

" If you don't take care of the customer, someone else will." this is post on everything I have, website, flyer, invoices!

Reefbox
02/21/2009, 09:00 PM
I did business with AquaCave awhile back. Had problems with light. AquaCave resolved problem and I will buy from again.

rort
02/21/2009, 09:39 PM
Thank you gsfrepairs! That is what I am talking about!! lol

jhoff
02/21/2009, 10:42 PM
I just did a upgrade on my tank needed a bunch of plumbing stuff never ordered threw aquacave b4 but i gave them a shot. I called
and was transferd to Albert placed the order on tuesday and received everything on monday no problems free shipping and i live in NJ

jkeating2005
03/09/2009, 07:09 PM
I have had great experiences with aquacave. Anyproblems with my orders and they have taken great care of me.

thanks guys

rc1626
03/09/2009, 07:25 PM
I also have had good experiences w/ this vendor. I've made a few small orders with them and everything has always been in stock and shipped in a timely manner. Never had to contact them w/ a problem so I can't speak from that angle but would order from them again.
Rob

TellyFish
03/10/2009, 10:16 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14574099#post14574099 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jkeating2005
I have had great experiences with aquacave. Anyproblems with my orders and they have taken great care of me.

thanks guys

Agreed. Great Company for me.

ILoveReefer
03/24/2009, 08:08 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14574231#post14574231 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rc1626
I also have had good experiences w/ this vendor. I've made a few small orders with them and everything has always been in stock and shipped in a timely manner. Never had to contact them w/ a problem so I can't speak from that angle but would order from them again.
Rob

I've ordered from aquacave around ten times. Some big orders, some small. Items have always been delivered in a timely manner. I haven't had any problems which required me to call them. Pretty much the same story as rc1626. Aqua Cave is my preferred online retailer and I will do business with them again.

Nick

00Rocko00
03/27/2009, 06:10 AM
Try to return something. They accept the package and refuse to return your money, then never send back the merchandise.

I had to get the credit card company involved to get my money back.

Will never buy from them again, and I will always make sure to warn people about them in every fish forum I can find.

AquaCave
03/27/2009, 10:37 AM
00rocko00,
Thank you for voicing your opinion.
Unfortunately, this is what happens when you try to return something without regards to our return policy.
You returned your heaters without return authorization number and you requested refund on used, fully functional items.
If you took a minute to read our return policy you would save yourself a lot of frustration.
Here is the link in case you missed it: http://www.aquacave.com/ReturnPolicy.aspx

Albert

www.aquacave.com

00Rocko00
03/27/2009, 04:14 PM
See Al, that is where you're mistaken...

I tried to get a RMA but you refused to reposnd to multiple emails, and multiple voice mails. I had no choice but to return the defective units to you without an RMA.. Mind you 5 days after I bought them.

And you know they were defective because you had me take them to your buddy to re-solder the connections and the main line still kept melting the solder joint even after he fixed it.

So, frankly I wasn't going to have those electrical hazards sit in my house unattended and possibly burn it down.

This is why you are a filthy crook who cannot be trusted as a vendor.

tolson
03/27/2009, 07:17 PM
Rocko go home.

Most of us have figured out you're pretty lonely or you wouldn't be continuing on with the hostile theme here. Get over it and move on. I for one read your post and went ahead and placed an order with Aqua Cave anyway, in spite of your comments. My experience with them was great! So move on.

Josh Candiotti
03/27/2009, 09:23 PM
I found Aquacave to be helpful in many situations, they offered to help me out with a replacement part for a product I didn't even buy from them. However Tolson, Rocko can state his opinion I don't know if he is right or wrong but he is allowed to say what he wants to say.

LedZep fan2
03/27/2009, 09:34 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14707983#post14707983 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Josh Candiotti
I found Aquacave to be helpful in many situations, they offered to help me out with a replacement part for a product I didn't even buy from them. However Tolson, Rocko can state his opinion I don't know if he is right or wrong but he is allowed to say what he wants to say.

That is true, but he has already voiced his opinion numerous times. He should move on, but he clearly can not...

tolson
03/28/2009, 06:16 PM
Of course Mr. Rocko is entitled to share with us the facts. But to say something like..."you are a filthy crook who cannot be trusted as a vendor, " may well be his opinion, but based on his attitude reflected in his rants, it has no basis in fact. Also claiming to be ranting on other sites is also childish.

As I have grown older I have lost patience with people who lack common courtesy. To assault Albert and his company verbally on this site is tantamount to doing so in public. He knows it, and that's why he does it.

So Josh, I appreciate your opinion in this matter but Rocko has no right to say what he wants. I don't know who the moderator is on this site but they need to pull in the reigns on a guy like this. Like hey, take it to the phone dude.

Josh Candiotti
03/28/2009, 06:31 PM
I agree with certain point of your's so fair enough. IMO Aquacave is a great company who goes out of their way to help everyone. Thanks Aquacave!

BlueCorn
03/28/2009, 06:39 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14707983#post14707983 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Josh Candiotti
Rocko can state his opinion I don't know if he is right or wrong but he is allowed to say what he wants to say.

Actually he's can't since he's already been banned under two other user names. :lol:

NiTr0x911
03/28/2009, 07:00 PM
lol

Josh Candiotti
03/28/2009, 08:02 PM
Is that true? lol I didn't realize that, if that is the case you should deffinatley keep your mouth shut and stop creating new user names on ReefCentral.

NeveSSL
03/31/2009, 03:18 AM
Shouldn't this be moved to vendor feedback if you read the first post?

Maybe not, but it would make sense to me. :)

Brandon

Musho3210
04/02/2009, 10:32 AM
Ive had great experiences with Aquacave, i frequently buy from them when they have what i want. I have had only one problem where a 48" T5 light was improperly packaged and both tubes that i ordered were broken. I called them THE DAY i received the lights, after some explaining and telling of shipping info, they sent out new lights free of charge which arrived the next day. Dont always expect next day though, i live about a 45 minute drive away from them, but the fact they started the shipment the day I called in order for my package to reach me shows good customer service.

Plus they have one of the best shipping prices.

adamblackburn22
04/04/2009, 12:25 AM
Bad experience here. I don't like to have to call around and fix problems that Aquacave should be handling. I bought a faulty reg and solenoid from them and the gauge popped off from to much pressure. After I put it back on it leaked Co2 into my house. Instead of fixing the problem themselves I have to call Milwaukee. Aquacave is just another online vendor selling the same products as the rest. I'll be taking my money to someone with better customer service. Word of advice, take care of your customers. All of them, not just the ones that live by you. ;)

AquaCave
04/04/2009, 12:41 PM
Adam,
Thank you for voicing your concerns.
I looked at your account and our records indicate that we contacted Milwaukee Instruments on your behalf regarding this issue. We have a CC of email Bryan at Milwaukee Instruments sent to you indicating that they will arrange Fedex pick-up of your regulator, at no cost to you, so they can inspect and repair/replace it for you. It was all done within couple hours of you reporting the problem.
Unfortunately, we can not have this resolved for you without your cooperation.
Please call or email us so we can take care of this issue in a timely matter.

Albert

www.aquacave.com

adamblackburn22
04/05/2009, 10:26 PM
I sent PM. You read it but never responded?
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14759809#post14759809 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AquaCave
Adam,
Thank you for voicing your concerns.
I looked at your account and our records indicate that we contacted Milwaukee Instruments on your behalf regarding this issue. We have a CC of email Bryan at Milwaukee Instruments sent to you indicating that they will arrange Fedex pick-up of your regulator, at no cost to you, so they can inspect and repair/replace it for you. It was all done within couple hours of you reporting the problem.
Unfortunately, we can not have this resolved for you without your cooperation.
Please call or email us so we can take care of this issue in a timely matter.

Albert

www.aquacave.com

NeveSSL
04/05/2009, 10:35 PM
Adam, if you'll read, bud, he asked you to call or email, not PM. :rolleyes:

adamblackburn22
04/05/2009, 11:01 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14768344#post14768344 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NeveSSL

Good point, because he needs to read it through his email right and not a pm:rolleyes: Big differenct. Sorry. I'll send a email now.

cubsFAN
04/05/2009, 11:40 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14768344#post14768344 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NeveSSL

This is one of my favorite things ive read on rc. i can almost see him pushing you. what a bully.

NeveSSL
04/05/2009, 11:44 PM
:lol:

Whatever, man. I was just making a point.

Brandon

adamblackburn22
04/06/2009, 12:03 AM
Sorry, I'm just a little annoyed with the situation. Still dosing 2 part.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14768648#post14768648 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NeveSSL
:lol:

Whatever, man. I was just making a point.

Brandon

NeveSSL
04/06/2009, 12:05 AM
I completely understand I hope it is resolved for you. Truly.

Just thought that I would point out that he specified an email or phone call, probably because those are the best methods of communication and your best bet for getting things resolved.

Brandon

sevenkillers
04/06/2009, 07:32 PM
I have ordered several times from aqua cave. Big & small. No issues here would order from them again.