PDA

View Full Version : my 16g tall

JennyRS
02/05/2009, 12:29 AM
hi everyone. i recently upgraded to a 16g tall, picked up some more live rock today and re-adjusted the rock. i have to say i love looking at my tank now. i was able to come up with a list of fish/inverts/corals that i want to add to the tank eventually and wanted opinions on it.

fish: 2 ocellaris clowns, hi fin red banded goby, 6-line wrasse, green clown goby (this is a maybe as i'm not sure i can keep both gobies in my 16, a suggestion on this would be nice, if not then i will choose another docile fish)

Inverts: feather duster, scarlet reef hermits, pistol shrimp to pair up with red banded goby

corals: frogspawn (i have my heart set on this), candy cane coral, ricordea mushrooms, zoanthids, glove polyps, toadstool leather coral

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/Jenny_RS/0902041820001.jpg

thanks in advance.

saltyboy84
02/05/2009, 01:07 AM
sounds and looks like a nice setup and as for having 2 gobies i would go with one but im not sure because some peolple say its ok some say no, idk but make sure you put all other fish in before the 6-line wrasse.

JennyRS
02/05/2009, 08:28 PM
thanks. I was told that a 16g tank is too small for a 6line so i'll probably pick a different fish. and yea, ur probly right about going with one. now i just have to decide on which one i would like more lol.

Sinful Aquatics
02/05/2009, 11:34 PM
I use to have a 6 line wrasse. its very nice but you cant put another wrasse of the same size in that tank. theyll go crazy

louie07
02/08/2009, 05:50 PM
sixline wrasses are really active, i would advise not to put one in there. I have one in my 40 gallon and hes all over the place! i would say atleast a 25 gal for a 6line

sabazerehi
02/08/2009, 09:05 PM
i would say you're done with the two clowns, a 16 isn't that big especially one that's taller rather than wider. i guess a clown goby probably wouldn't make much of diff, they're not that big, but i def would not do more than 3, a tank that small might not be able to handle the bioload of more.

fishwood
02/11/2009, 12:51 PM
You might never see the clown goby though---too intimidated.