PDA

View Full Version : help with my acropora?

bustedbikes
02/05/2009, 04:17 AM
I bought a blue tip acro and found a little white crab is this a problem should I take him out, or is it OK?

Michael
02/05/2009, 06:25 AM
well i would certainely remove him from the acro, but lets have a pic of him to see if he can be identified

power boat jim
02/05/2009, 07:13 AM
Probably not a problem, he is most likely an acro crab. They live in the colony and generally just eat what floats into the acro. These are very common in wild caught colonies. They can actually be beneficial to the coral.

These crabs are generally smooth (not harry) in appearance, about the size of your thumbnail and can come in several colors. White is one of the colors.

RRaider
02/05/2009, 07:14 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14322575#post14322575 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by power boat jim
Probably not a problem, he is most likely an acro crab. They live in the colony and generally just eat what floats into the acro. These are very common in wild caught colonies. They can actually be beneficial to the coral.

These crabs are generally smooth (not harry) in appearance, about the size of your thumbnail and can come in several colors. White is one of the colors.

+1

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1568436