PDA

View Full Version : Change 200gal to 450 gal

saganeer
02/05/2009, 10:18 AM
Hi guys, first i want to say that reef central is the best source of info for all us noobies, so thanks.

i have a 6 month old 200 gal FOWLR tank, and i want to make the change to a new 450 gal empty tank, i´m going to move everything from the 200 to the 450 (live sand, Live rock, fish, etc..) first i´m going to move the live sand by sifting the bottom of the 200 gal to the 450, then slowly starting to move the Live rock and finally the fish and the sump. the question is how much should i wait between these steps, if any one have another way to do it please enlight a noob like me

thanks in advance, greetings from Monterrey, Mexico....

asmujica
02/05/2009, 10:47 AM
Hola! How deep is the sand bed in your old tank?

I think your plan sounds solid, you should not see a cycle as your old tank sounds already be established, even if you change everything in one go. You might get some cloudiness but its normal.

Where are you getting your livestock here in Monterrey?

Saludos,

saganeer
02/05/2009, 10:54 AM
sand bed aprox 2", some live stock from lifeaquatic (hazzaed ochoa) and from tropical reef (Gonzalitos). Sorry if i don´t answer in spanish but i want to see everyone´s advice , but is good to know another regiomontano member.

jdm18honda
02/05/2009, 11:23 AM
i just got done moving from 24 to 70 tall i bought all extra rock and put in rubber maid for like one month untill i got the tank and stand done the i added live rock then new sand and old sand then rock then live stock all in about month and a half