PDA

View Full Version : I need some help!!!!

sabrina b
02/05/2009, 12:47 PM
About three monthes ago, all of my fish in my tank died.

It started out when I purchased fish at a local pet store. Within a week ( i cant think of the name right now brain fart!!! the half purple and half yellow fish) died. With no signs of being sick. The rest of my fish. (yellow hawaiin tang, coral beauty, and a false percula clown) all looked like they had ich. The next day that was gone, and they started dying one by one. The Hawaiin tang looked like the outer layer of his skin was peeling (maybe that was his stress coat IDK)

After that fish died, my pink and blue spotted watchman goby came out of hidding, and he was covered in fluffy white stuff. I immediately started treating for fungal with pimafix. but he died within 2 days.

I blamed this on the new fish and went back to the fish store, and the owner was just a jerk and I will never go back there even if you paid me.

Anyways I called a petstore, they told me that what the goby had didnt sound fungal but baterial. So they told me to treat with melafix for 2 week wait 4 weeks and get fish.

I treated my tank for about 3 weeks with melafix and waited 2 mothes to get fish. Before I got new fish I did a 50 percent water changed and waited and additional 2 weeks.

I checked my water with the quick dip sticks and everything came back fine. My salinity was fine, my temperature was on target. So I went to the local pet store and she gave me a loner fish (a damsel) the first day he was fine. The next day I couldn't find him. And at 2:30am of morning 3 he was in a crevis on the live rock, labored breathing but no markings or any other obvious signs. When I checked again at 6am he was dead and the hermit crab was eating him (no surprise there!!)

I just called a petstore online and he refered me here. I was taking a good look at my tank and noticed that there are little white strands strewn about the live rock. It almost looks like a white spider, but it is not. It is not a worm of some sort that I know of becuase I touched it and it didnt retract but fell of the rock. The man said that could be fungal but wasnt sure. Thats when he mentioned this site.

I also have a lot of bugs that I was told were harmless. I have had my tank up for about a year. I have live rock that I have also had for a year. And my light bulbs are due to be changed next month. There is a lot of purple algea on the back wall, that while was growing it has air bubbles in it. I have furry green blobs also on the back wall, but dont forget I have nothing in my tank to eat any of this. Also my live rock is green not purple except for this purple algea on it. Although I did notice 3 mushroom polyps growing, so I guess that is a good sign.

I contacted AWT.com and they said to send in a sample of my water and they would test it.

I was wondering what anyone thinks that this could be. Everyone that I have talked to said that my water sounds in good quality, and that any fish I add now should have died.. And that this all seems very puzzeling.

I also use tap water, I have well water not city. And I do not use that diffuser thing or whatever it is called (I can see the name of it in my head but just cant spit it out!!). I do add amquel plus when I add water or changed water, and that takes out any nitrate, nitrite, amonia, chlorine, and chloramines.

So any feedback about this would be much appreciated....

o by the way this is a 55 gallon tank.