PDA

View Full Version : Disconnect calibration?

biger
02/06/2009, 11:57 AM
Hello, I just installed 2 MP40w's and did the pump disconnect calibration. Then later when I was programing the pump group the instructions say Step 1: Clear Driver Memory.

My question is do I have to perform the pump disconnect calibration again or is the memory they are talking about just for master and slave purposes?

Thanks.

EcoTech Marine
02/09/2009, 08:22 AM
Clearing the memory only affects the wireless configurations. To clear the disconnect calibration you must cycle power to the pump while it is performing the calibration sequence (while it is blinking yellow/white).

biger
02/10/2009, 01:04 AM
Ok, thanks. I just didn't want to do the disconnect calibration again if I didn't have to.

Wippjas
02/11/2009, 12:26 PM
Tim, is there anything to be worried about if the calibration has not been completed? I have two of them running in my tank and have never done the calibration. Will I damage the pump or driver if they become disconnected?

EcoTech Marine
02/12/2009, 08:27 AM
No, the calibration is purely an option for those interested in it and does not affect performance in anyway. So long as the pump is secured to the tank in some fashion should the wetside dislodge itself, you'll be fine without the calibration. It's just there to be safe.