PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions

tatkinson
02/06/2009, 02:38 PM
I'm considering the Vortechs and have a few questions.

I know I read the answer to this somewhere but now I can't find it; Is there a problem using the Vortechs with a controllers wave-maker programme or with a controller in general?

Do you have any plans to work with any controller manufacture(s) to create any sort of a Vortech interface? It would be really nice to have access to the Vortechs functions/features through the same means as everything else on the tank- total integration.

Thanks,
-T-

biger
02/06/2009, 04:23 PM
The only problem I see with total integration of everything on one controller is single point failure of the whole tank. If that 1 controller fails you loose your whole reef and anything can fail no matter how good it is.

tatkinson
02/06/2009, 05:56 PM
True, but only if you were either gone for an extended period of time and didn't have someone to check in on things or if you never looked at your tank.

It would just be nice to be able to use the vortech drivers but have access to control the vortech settings through the head unit. Just like some sort of intermediary device between the vortech driver and the controller head-unit so that each could understand each-other.

biger
02/07/2009, 04:11 PM
Maybe but if everything went out just after u left for work in the morning and u didn't come directly home after work for some reason it might not be good especially if it could have been avoided. JMO, call me paranoid but I like peace of mind.

EcoTech Marine
02/09/2009, 08:24 AM
There is no direct interface between our pumps and a controller at this time, however it is something that we understand our customers want.