PDA

View Full Version : Sump?????

ER_RN
02/07/2009, 07:11 AM
Ok I am new to sumps/refugiums so I need a little help...I have a 95 wave tank with CPR overflow model CS150 with a flow rate of 1600 GPH with one 1.5 inch bulkhead converting down to 3/4inch pvc running down to the cabinet were my 20gallon sump is....The picture below is how I have the set-up imagined in my head...but before I silicone everything I thought I would get some advice from the pros. In the picture you are looking at the sump from the top down...water from into the back right compartment measuring 12.5"LX6.75"WX12"H (the picture isn't to scale but the protein skimmer takes up the entire box)....in this compartment is a Berlin Turbo Skimmer, which removes some water from this compartment skims it and puts it back into the same compartment to allow overflow into the refugium...the red line in-between section 1 and 2 is a baffle it measures 9"HX6.75"L (I am debating on whether or not to cut teeth into the baffles I thought about just putting egg crate up????...Ok now that water has enter the refugium, which measures 11.5"LX12"WX8"H, it circulates in the refugium which is gonna have a deep sand bed, a lot of chaeto, LR and a heater of course. Then the water will flow back to the front left by ways of the bubble trap which is represented by the yellow and orange lines....the yellow lines are 8"HX5.4L" the orange line is set up off the bottom of the tank by 1" so it measures 7"TX5.4"L the water then is carried back to the tank via my return pump which is a Via Aqua model number VA-2600 returns 740 GPH back to 3/4in PVC then back to dual returns on each side of the tank....I would appreciate and advice on this set up!!! Thanks-Daniel
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/585/213292sumppic2.jpg