PDA

View Full Version : My kids ran off to join the circus!

calvertbill
02/07/2009, 09:00 AM
I enjoy looking at my reef. I can spend an hour delighting in the new growth on the tips of the SPSs, the frogspawn waving in the current, the scolomia tentacles grabbing at tiny morsels that drift by...

My 8 Tangs all get along, and my Sallys and hermits crawl along eating everything in their paths (occasionally dislodging a not to well rooted SPS).

Yesterday I was killing time in a LFS an I saw a large tank on a side wall with a sign announcing the presence of HERMIT CRABS. Why, I pondered, devote such a large tank to just promoting hermits?

I went to look and was horrified to see a number of hermits crawling around in a dry tank with their shells painted the most horrific colors and I couldn't help but think of what their parents must think!

My daughter has each ear pierces 4 times, a belly-button ring and three other piercings in places she won't tell me about and is thinking about a TAT. I can live with that need to make a rebellious statement (when I was that age my hair covered my butt)...

but these CRABS! Is it caused by a need similar to my daughter's to be rebellious of is it something they're being forced into?

They must know that these colors make them look like circus clowns!

Write your congressmen! Ban involuntary Hermit Crab forced clownitude!

darkdruid
02/07/2009, 09:44 AM
One of the stores here has the man made shells in the shape of little cars, trucks, and even a small school bus, complete with bright yellow paint. Do you have any idea how it feels to see a little 4 wheel drive zooming across the rocks in a tank?.....lol

snorvich
02/07/2009, 09:56 AM
ROTFLMAO.

calvertbill
02/07/2009, 10:40 AM
I know what LMAO means, but what's the ROTF?

Nazrac
02/07/2009, 10:45 AM
rotflmao= rolling on the floor laughing my donkey off.

darkdruid
02/07/2009, 10:46 AM
Rolling on the floor

ReefWreak
02/07/2009, 10:50 AM
http://lollernet.com/pics/gif/roflcopter.gif