PDA

View Full Version : help with light I just got

downshift93
02/07/2009, 04:25 PM
I just got this light CD-924327 Coralife 10,000°K 48" 40W from DF&S. my local aquarium club had a power buy the last part of january with you. I actually got this light and the actinic light, they have been used 2 days now and within an hour today my 10,000k light went from shining bright to now almost looks like a burnt brown on about 25% of the light and its not shining very bright at all. the light actually got really hot and I decided to take it out fearing that it would bust and that would not be good by any means lol.

my question to you is what should I do? since it was bought in a power buy I do not have the receipt but I could prob get that from the club president. but I also do not have the box that it was shipped in, just the box that you would get if you bought it at a store. I do actually have a shipping label for return b/c I also got a RO unit and it was shipped separate.

Let me know what I should do, and thank you very much for all of your help!!!

downshift93
02/07/2009, 04:46 PM
I found the order number 20138436-1 that might be just for my salt b/c that came off the salt box. if so let me know. thanks for your help :-)

dfs/la2
02/07/2009, 05:33 PM
downshift93,

Thank you for your post. We sincerely apologize that the Coralife 48” 10,000K bulb you received is defective. You may discard it and we will place a reship order to have a new bulb sent. Please contact us at 1-800-334-3699, via email at [email protected], or PM us with the correct shipping address. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Gwen S.
Drs. Foster and Smith (http://www.drsfostersmith.com)

downshift93
02/12/2009, 06:43 PM
got my light yesterday at work! it really packed good! so far no problems out of this light :-) you guys really are awesome!!!! thank you very much for all of your help! you def went above and beyond IMO!