PDA

View Full Version : Korralia

rckymtnji
02/07/2009, 06:17 PM
I wanted to get acouple of Korallia water circulation powerheads but I am confused. Both online retailers I have looked at say that the Korralias can ONLY be used with a Korallia wavemaker. At this point I just want to purchase the powerheads and at later date get a wavemaker. Can I just plug them straight into an outlet and get a constant flow or is there some special plug on these that will only fit a Korralia wavemaker? Tried the search but it is disabled right now. Thanks for any help on this.:confused:

Ajsim1
02/07/2009, 07:39 PM
There are 2 types of koralia's; One's that are only suitable for use with a wavemaker and one's to be used without a wavemaker...

You can find more info on them on their website www.hydor.it

sasharotty
02/07/2009, 08:39 PM
There are actually 3 koralias, 1-4 are just 120v and plugged in for constant circulation, they have their 12v models that are to be used with their (koralia) wavemaker.Then they have the magnum 5-8 that can be constant or used on any wavemaker.Hope this helps.:D

navychief
02/07/2009, 09:06 PM
I have two of them in my 72 Gal BF. They're over a year old with zero issues. They do make them with and without wavemaker.

noboddi
02/07/2009, 09:26 PM
There are controllable Koralias 1-4 as well. They only plug into the controller, will not work with a wall outlet