PDA

View Full Version : Tyree Coral?

Patriot54
02/07/2009, 11:09 PM
What makes a Tyree Coral different then normal corals?

SALT WATER CRAZ
02/07/2009, 11:11 PM
holding its color the amount of time that a coral has been in captivity exc.

LCN
02/07/2009, 11:47 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14344802#post14344802 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SALT WATER CRAZ
holding its color the amount of time that a coral has been in captivity exc.

That use to be true in the past. Some of his recent pieces are newly imported. He might or might not be to blame since he gets the history of the coral from the person he received a frag from.

GoingPostal
02/08/2009, 08:44 AM
The jacked up price and feeling of self worth that must come with them. :lol:

roblack
02/08/2009, 10:56 AM
Tyree has been taking a bit of flack lately, and understand that many feel he has added too many new le's of corals that supposedly have not been in captivity long enough. I just don't think that is the case, at least for the most part. Most of the new le's I know of have been in captivity for a while, and were released around the same time alot of new shipments were coming in from Australia and elsewhere. Alot of other purported new le's are yet to be named as le's, so we will have to wait and see.

Personally, I want the coolest corals I can have and le status doesn't matter much to me except that sometimes it is easier to sell a frag if it has the le stamp. And, just so happens that Tyree LE corals are really cool, seems he picked them for a reason. He has tons of evaluation corals that he receives that never become le's for varieties of reasons, and ones he retires if they don't fare well over the long haul. BTW, not all Tyree corals are priced sky high, check out his sites and see. Oh, and I feel guilty for having them. :D

sutec13
02/08/2009, 11:20 PM
Tyree has become a brand in the hobby. He's the nike of corals. Brands cost more. Whether you like the coral is a matter of personal taste, but attaching the name makes you consider it closely.

chrisstie
02/09/2009, 10:13 AM
I'm sorry but I tend to like a coral for what it looks like to me. Tyree's branding has been so quick on super colorful corals that its like stamping Gucci or Prada on it and there are lots of "imitation" corals that unfortunately end up being sold for a higher price by people and stores.

I for one, and probably the coral itself, don't care what its called. An imitation brand name or not some corals are just absolutely magnificent in their own right. I think branding sometimes takes away from those corals, but some people are really fanatics in this hobby and feel like they have to tell you all about how close they are to Mr. Tyree.

Good for Tyree for a clever idea, shame on the stores and individuals who sell for rediculous prices. It's like Wall Street- the value of something has gone up based on something intangible but everyone who enters into a purchase agreement is making it okay.

I'll stick to the unnamed and underdogged corals ;p My wall of GSP, while common as heck, sure is pretty when it waves in the current.