PDA

View Full Version : Long distance auto top off

bigfalcon36
02/08/2009, 09:58 PM
Hey everyone,

I need a solution to my auto top off needs. I am setting up a new tank and one of the final things to add before I actually start the final set-up is the auto top off.

The water will have to travel roughly 30 feet in distance and climb to a height of 12 feet at it's highest point. Does anyone have any experience with solving an issue like this? One last bit of info, I want to try to avoid the use of a float valve (sensors are fine) because I have had a couple stick open and flood out my sumps in the past. I will use a float if that is the only way to make this work.

Any help would be great...thanks in advance!

Doahh
02/08/2009, 10:16 PM
Peristaltic Pump is the answer

detroit_fan
02/08/2009, 11:28 PM
you need the liter meter 3. It will pump those distances very easliy and it doesn't require float sensors. Just enter your daily evap and it will add that much everyday. They are great units and you can add 2 more pumps for future expansion. I don't know if you're familiar with it, but if not do a little reading and you'll find great reviews. HTH

Doahh
02/08/2009, 11:43 PM
Just put in simple electronic float switches...
Or get the Spectra Pure Liquid level Lock... It's what the guy above this post said and it's about $100 cheaper and if your evaporation changes it will be able to adjust to it...

bigfalcon36
02/09/2009, 06:53 AM
Nice...I'll start looking at these today and get back with you guys if I have any trouble.

Thanks a lot!

bigfalcon36
02/09/2009, 08:47 AM
After doing some checking around on the net and on the Spectra pure site. I have found a couple things of interest. Thier Ultra Precise Liquid Level Controller:
http://www.spectrapure.com/St_alc_p7.htm

Or the Single Tank Liquid Level Controller:
http://www.spectrapure.com/St_alc_p1.htm .

I dont have experience with either, but both seem to be able to do the job. Any pros or cons to either ne of these devices?