PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

padgett152
02/12/2009, 10:35 AM
Hey, I am a newbie to the forum. I have posted a couple threads with no replies yet. Please, anyone with answers to my threads, HELPPPPPPPP mEEEEEEEE OUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTT.

zooty
02/12/2009, 10:45 AM
Welllllll your posts aren't in this forum and the forum they are in are kind of slow as far as traffic. The equipment you listed I'm not familiar with and most likely others aren't either hence the lack of replies.

I do know that Seaclone Skimmers aren't very good.

Good luck and welcome!

A link to those would be helpful as well.

Playa-1
02/12/2009, 11:28 AM
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/1588989513Reefnut_welcome.gif
To Reef Central

Michael
02/12/2009, 11:30 AM
[welcome]

Chris&Mel
02/12/2009, 11:38 AM
what was your question?

Playa-1
02/12/2009, 12:27 PM
Just bought a Eshopps 75 CS for my FOWLR tank. What is the recommended size return pump?
On the home page of Reef Central there is a Headloss Calculator. The Calculator allows you to plug in specific information about your tank and plumbing to get some useful information together.
The Calculator is a bit dated on some of the pump selections so keep that in mind. All Tank and plumbing configuration are a little different so it's not going to be a one size fits all solution.

I would shoot for about 5x of your Display volume thru the sump per hour after headloss is taken into consideration. The rest of the circulation in the tank will likely come from Powerheads.

A good place to start is the Headloss Calculator and then revisit this forum and post your plan. Include specific information about your tank, plumbing configuration and sizes, location of the sump/fuge, what your planning to keep in the tank, and any other relevant information and hopefully we will be able to steer you in the right direction.

I currently have a Fluval 304 and a Penguin 350 Bio wheel filter on my 75 gallon FOWLR set-up. I also have a Sea Clone 150 skimmer. Yesterday I purchased an Eshopps 75 CS complete wet/dry system hoping to get rid of some of the above mentioned items. Should I? Some people say to keep them all. A little confused, help or suggestions please. I also have 75 lbs of live rock and 80 lbs of live sand. Currently 3 fish and mushrooms with hopes of 3-4 more medium size fish. 260 watts of lighting. Help me out please!!
It sounds like your getting ready to install a sump, a Protein Skimmer and are considering whether or not you should remove the Fluval and/or the Penguin. I would not use the Fluval or the Penguin on the tank. You could hang onto them for other purposes. The liverock, Protein Skimmer, and regular water changes should allow you to operate just fine without the Penguin and the Fluval.

I wouldn't abruptly remove the current filters as that could cause you some problems. A better way is to remove a handful of media from the filter every week to allow your system to slowly adjust. Once the media is removed then you can pull that filter offline and you shouldn't have any problems.