PDA

View Full Version : clown trigger tank mates???

agreeive?fish
02/12/2009, 01:26 PM
I have a 6-7 inch mellow (at this point) clown trigger and will be relocating (moving) with in the next few months so the clown trigger will not be ESTABLISHED resident of this tank when i move and most of his current tank mates will be going into a 175g bowfront(empty tank at this point)

my question is what tank mates would you put in with a clown trigger in a 7 x 2 x2 tank

looking at/for

Large angel (x2) (Personifer? queen? or other)
Tang (x2) (sohal or clown and one other)
Wrasse (unknown)
another trigger Picasso or other

which fish from each group would you put in with the trigger

make any suggestions you would care to make and have funn with it

karaim
02/12/2009, 01:55 PM
I think any of the fish listed could work.

DamnPepShrimp
02/12/2009, 02:08 PM
I am doing almost the exact same setup in my 7x2x2 tank. I plan on having a clown trigger, passer angel, BDM eel, sohal tang, klunzinger wrasse (maybe lunare) and a puffer (porc maybe). I was considering a miniatus grouper but decided to try out a small shoal of yellowtail damsels or maybe velvet damsels (since they get big, might not get eaten).

Juice It
02/12/2009, 03:11 PM
I have 3 triggers (clown,niger, huma) and my clown is as mellow as they come. For me the Niger is my problem trigger. All the fish you mention should do fine with the clown if he is not one of the psycho ones I read about! H Tusk will fit in as well.

fish stalker
02/12/2009, 04:23 PM
i have a bursa, niger,clown, lunare wrasse, dogface and sailfin tang together. They have been together for about a year so far and the niger is only now starting to challenge my hand when i'm cleaning the tank. Its more of a false run but i'm expecting it to get worse :eek: The clown and niger have grown very quickly compared to the bursa but so far the clown is still quite easy going.

karaim
02/12/2009, 10:05 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14380192#post14380192 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Juice It
I have 3 triggers (clown,niger, huma) and my clown is as mellow as they come. For me the Niger is my problem trigger. All the fish you mention should do fine with the clown if he is not one of the psycho ones I read about! H Tusk will fit in as well.

I think the tusk is a complete pushover. Don't think it's a good idea.

agreeive?fish
02/13/2009, 07:08 AM
so here is the fish list at the moment currently any fish listed as have is already in the tank unless otherwise noted

clown trigger(6-7 inches) have
sailfin tang (8-9 inches) have
gsm clownfish (4-5 inches) have
asfur angel (5-6 inches) have
Queen angel
personifer angel
blue line trigger
redtooth trigger (have but in other tank until it grows up some)
sohal or clown tang
purple or black tang (not sure if i will get either or not)

also if my lunnar wrasse gets an attitude again he will go into this tank..i agree the harliquin tusk would not fit well into this tank..but a harliquin tusk could easily go into the tank the lunnar is currently in if i have to move him to the clown trigger tank

any comments on this stock list...

rachenbrazil
02/13/2009, 07:12 AM
I think personifer would not be bold enough when clown trigger get bold...
Queen , passer and Blue line are more bolder large angels...but will outgrow your tank one day as well but I would choose one of these Holacanthus for CT tank mate...

Tangs will be fine, but beware that Sohal is very agressive and may start agressiveness in your CT... Clown tang is also agressive, but maybe a better choice than sohal... Purple tang would another good fish for your tank...

Lunare wrasse or large red coris would be fine in your setup as well...

agreeive?fish
02/13/2009, 07:23 AM
blue line would be the blue line TRIGGER not the blue line angel....