PDA

View Full Version : MP40w can't set waves etc

marc nichols
02/12/2009, 05:40 PM
I've somehow gotten my control box in a rut. I can adjust pump speed but cannot set a wave sequence per the manual. I tried clearing the memory which if I recall requires holding in both buttons through a blink sequence, then the same with each individually. Still no luck. Suggestions?

EcoTech Marine
02/13/2009, 01:53 PM
Marc-

You need to tap set after setting the speed on the pulse mode in order to set the frequency. Take a look through the instruction manual, below, and let me know if you have any other questions:

http://ecotechmarine.com/support/Manuals/MP40w%20page%20by%20page1.0.pdf

marc nichols
02/13/2009, 06:52 PM
I have the manual and have followed it. When I press and hold set, nothing happens. This has happened before and I was instructed to clear the memory as I discussed before. However, that proceedure isn't working.

I was unable to open the online manual. If it includes updated instructions, please let me know. BTW, I don't believe there is anything in my manual re clearing the memory.

Help appreciated.

Marc

sus
02/13/2009, 11:04 PM
you don't want to press and hold the set button. set the speed, then press and release (not hold) the set button, then adjust the frequency. I have found if the speed is all the way down, it has trouble adjusting the frequency.

Absolute Reef
02/14/2009, 04:12 AM
juts press and release, don't press and hold.

marc nichols
02/14/2009, 05:27 PM
absolutely..

right on! I've done it a number of times in the past but got in a rut..the wrong one. Thanks.

EcoTech Marine
02/16/2009, 10:12 AM
There's nothing that can be done to a controller to cause it not to accept a set wave, so either something is wrong with the driver or there's something wrong with how the wave is being set. I think the best bet is to send it in so we can sort it out and get you up and running!

Please fill out this form and include it with your pump: http://www.ecotechmarine.com/support/supportform.htm

marc nichols
02/19/2009, 03:17 PM
Tim,
The problem was me, despite having several months experience. Thanks for stepping in/up to looking at the problem.

A different question: do you anticipate that the 20w will ever integrate/synch with the 40w? If I understand correctly, it won't at this time.

EcoTech Marine
02/19/2009, 03:42 PM
Marc-

Glad you figured it out!

As of now the MP20 does not feature any wireless functionality.