PDA

View Full Version : T5 Vs Pc

neal90
02/14/2009, 05:29 PM
well i would like some help on what kind of lighting i should get for my 20l. I will be keeping lps and mushrooms and NO lps in the tank. What i have found is in the 24 in lights kits i could get a 130w pc or a 96w ho lighting. The pc light are a much less in cost and have about 34 more wats of light. But some people are telling me to stay away from the pc light and go with the ho just not sur realy why. I have been told the ho light will penetrate better. But will that make up for the 34w lass of light

Ehaze
02/14/2009, 05:52 PM
t5 slap the **** out of PC.

neal90
02/14/2009, 06:05 PM
can you tell why?? a 96w t5 will be better than a 130w pc this is what I would like to find out. And I do know that the t5 have a bigger veriety of bulbs

TammyLiz
02/14/2009, 06:55 PM
I have not used T5s before but I can tell you I hate my PCs. I am disgusted by how often I have to change the bulbs. They are fine at first but they get old sooo fast. About two months after installing them coral growth slows. After 6 months the algae goes wild. Then not long after that even my zoas are stretching for more light. Its sickening and I hate buying and throwing away so many bulbs. It is such a waste.

neal90
02/15/2009, 07:58 PM
OK so all i have herd is the T5 are so so much nicer than the PC lights. No one can really tell me why but im going to go with the t5 lights. I have been looking at the nova extreme pro light, and the nova extreme. Will the 24in with a total of 96w be enough for LPS and most soft corals? Or will the 20in (not sure if it will fit a 24in tank) be a better fit. It puts out a total of 108w, but wont be the full length of the tank. The extreme pro has no 24in fixture. Do any other brand make a 24in fixture that has more than 96w. Just looking for all the help I can get thanks