PDA

View Full Version : PCSing - Need to get rid of tank!

lindseylee12
02/15/2009, 09:14 PM
I'm getting ready to PCS and hoping to sell my tank in full. It's small....20 gallons with just the basics. We are no where as knowledgeable or serious about all this stuff as everyone on here seems to be, but it has been fun for us. The tank has a Picasso Triggerfish (about 5 inches) and a blue damsel. It comes with the tank, all decorations, filter, heater, lighting, media, accessories, and new tank stand. It's a complete set up. Probably nothing too exciting for the avid salt-water tankers, but may be good for a beginner (like us) or a kid. This tank is super low maintenance and the fish are resilient.

The Triggerfish (we call him Pablo, like Pablo Picasso) is small still. He has a bit of an attitude but he is super fun to watch! He regularly sucks up sand in his mouth and blows it all over the tank. He uses his back end to push sand around and dig out little caves in the sand under rocks. He's so good at it that the damsel fish has started to do it too. I seriously think he taught him how. They work as a team to make the tank exactly the way they want it. It's surprising because the Damsel (we call him Lucky) is the only fish that has survived with Pablo. Everything else has disappeared within a day of going in the tank. We're pretty sure Pablo eats them all. We got Pablo first and didn't do any research so we didn't know he was such a territorial fish. Once he decided the tank was "his", he wasn't going to let anything else take up his space. Except for Lucky. For some reason he gets along with Lucky. From what we've read, they say that Triggerfish can share a tank with others, they should just be the last fish added to the tank, after the others have established their territory. That was our mistake. Lucky knows not to cross him though. He stays out of Pablo's way and usually only eats the leftovers once Pablo is done eating. We feed them frozen Brine Shrimp, 2 little cubes each morning. They are used to getting fed around 7am, and if you don't feed them at that time Pablo will start banging his teeth against the glass to remind you. He also comes to the top of the water and snaps his mouth closed to make a popping sound when he wants to eat. I'm telling you...these fish are crazy! Who know fish could have such personalities? I think it may be a little risky adding Pablo to an established tank at this point. I'm not sure if he'd be aggressive to the other fish or come to realize he's not the king of the tank anymore.

If you are interested or know someone who is, please let me know. I can email pictures. Asking $300 OBO. Contact Lindsey at 646-4397 or [email protected]

Sango-chu
02/20/2009, 07:57 AM
Hey, don't want you to think no one has thought about this..I surely have, But I am already over obligated with the one that I have...I wil share this with friends and hopefully you'll be able to get rid of it soon...post it in the Japanupdate as well if you haven't done so yet...good luck!

lindseylee12
02/23/2009, 06:01 AM
Thanks! I'm getting a little nervous about it and am thinking about just getting rid of the fish and keeping the tank and everything to set up again in the states. Maybe I'll have better luck with that. I don't know....we'll see.

lindseylee12
03/09/2009, 08:55 AM
Yay! The tank, supplies, and fish went to a wonderful home this afternoon. Phew! I was starting to get nervous! :)

Sango-chu
03/11/2009, 11:52 PM
congrats!!!!