PDA

View Full Version : Identify this Calcium Reactor? Metric PVC Conversion To Replace Pump

fredknack
02/16/2009, 02:59 AM
Hi All

I bought this used calcium reactor and the Aquabee 2000 pump is fried and trips my GFI.

Two Questions (Photo Below):
1) The pump PVC unions seem to be metric. Does anyone have any advice on how to adapt the metric PVC fittings (indicated in bottom two pictures) to local PVC or have a guess what size these fittings are?

2) Does anyone recognize this calcium reactor? Someone said it might be an ATI reactor?? If anyone knows anything about this calcium reactor like the name of the manufacturer, good threads for its operation, or where to get replacement parts please let me know.

I found aquabee pumps online but they are spendy. It would be nice to convert the metric PVC fittings or at least know the correct size of the existing unions so I can consider a wider variety of pumps.

Thanks

http://www.fredknack.com/fredknack/lights/new_ca_reactor.jpg

Creetin
02/16/2009, 06:39 AM
It does look like an old ATI reactor.
You can get a replacement aquabee from DAS for arounf $120
You can ask in reefgeeks furums maybet one of the ATI people will see it. Sorry i cant help anymore.

fredknack
02/16/2009, 03:17 PM
That's a lot of help Creetin. Just a second opinion on the ATI label is very helpful. I will Google DAS reef and see what I can find.

Thanks!

fredknack
02/20/2009, 05:55 AM
Hi Creetin

What is DAS? I have tried Google and can't get a good result. If you have a link to a DAS store that might carry this pump and deliver to the US please pass it on.

Just an aside but I really wish that the United States had chosen to go metric. So far my skimmer and my calcium reactor are metric. I asked a guy at the local PVC shack if they carried any metric parts and he looked at me as if he had never heard of metric anything. At least they could have spared me the trouble of learning metric in elementary school if the country at large was going to ignore it...Ok I am done venting.

Any ideas on where I can buy an AquaBee Up 2000 pump would be appreciated.

Thanks

buck50bmg
02/20/2009, 06:17 AM
Look at Mcmaster Carr if you need metric fittings.

fredknack
02/20/2009, 06:21 AM
Thanks buck50bmg