PDA

View Full Version : Calling All t5 users, Bulb life Poll!

Jack04
02/17/2009, 08:29 PM
So I have various responses from the question of T5 bulb life,

I've heard 9, 12, 18, 24 months, The common denominator seems to be 3...

I'd like to have an understanding of how often everyone is changing their bulbs.

This second idea I have thought of that is not related to how often we change the bulbs but it is about how we change our bulbs. should we change all of our bulbs at once, some people use 4, 6, 8 even 12 bulbs on their reef, instead of allowing the intensity of the bulbs to gradually degrade with time and then all of a sudden ramp up the intensity by changin them all at once, should we stagger the change, lets say change half of the bulbs twice a year or every 8 months...

This would not really relate to a tank only lit by MH lighting, but maybe change the MH & 6 months later change the supplimental...

what do you all think?

unbreakable
02/17/2009, 08:33 PM
ive heard 18 when not overdriven, when over driven 11-12 months. there was a user on here who was TOTM i believe and changed his bulbs from the ATI fixture at 9 months

Jack04
02/17/2009, 08:34 PM
hmmm... i cant seem to open the poll, lets try this again

Jack04
02/17/2009, 08:40 PM
Well...

Please ignore this thread, I forgot to check the little box for the poll to appear. please refer to the other t5 bulb life thread and let this one drift into infinity.