View Full Version : Black Triggerfish on DD

karaim
02/18/2009, 08:17 PM
Check this out:
http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=57121

It's surprisingly colorful!! I like it!

DamnPepShrimp
02/18/2009, 08:46 PM
Did you see the tusk on there? It is already gone, it was the most gorgeous one I have ever seen! There was so much red in the tail! I was going to get an indo one, but now I think I will get an aussie! I'll wait until I am ready and hopefully in a couple months I can get one, maybe from DD but theyre pricey, but seems worth it.

That trigger is pretty, but you have to wonder what it will look like in our tanks. I sure don't have 20k halides.

flameangel88
02/18/2009, 08:46 PM
Looks pretty. How aggressive are they?

barbianj
02/18/2009, 09:25 PM
That IS a nice fish.

elecbzerk
02/18/2009, 09:54 PM
Wow, sold less than 20 minutes ago..is a very cool fish!

karaim
02/18/2009, 10:55 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14428224#post14428224 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DamnPepShrimp
Did you see the tusk on there? It is already gone, it was the most gorgeous one I have ever seen! There was so much red in the tail! I was going to get an indo one, but now I think I will get an aussie! I'll wait until I am ready and hopefully in a couple months I can get one, maybe from DD but theyre pricey, but seems worth it.

That trigger is pretty, but you have to wonder what it will look like in our tanks. I sure don't have 20k halides.

I saw that one. It was very bright!!! Awesome fish!!!

My 4.5" tusk is being chased around by my 3.5-4" juvi emperor. The tusk is a WUSS. It has some sharp teeth. Wonder why it doesn't use them. It just swims away. ALWAYS. Never even tries to fight back.

LisaD
02/19/2009, 05:51 AM
that was a gorgeous trigger. I would have been very tempted if I saw it when it was still for sale.

jmccown
02/19/2009, 06:53 AM
I WAS going to buy that one this morning too. Was a good looking trigger for sure.

DamnPepShrimp
02/19/2009, 09:15 AM
Do any of you QT the DD fish? I am becoming religious on QT (treating EVERYTHING with cupramine/prazipro for 4 weeks) and didn't know if anyone else was the same way, but didn't QT DD fish? Or do you just QT them anyway?

Yeah, tusks are wussies, but that is good, because I plan to have a peaceful tank. Even though I have a queen and french angel (coming today :D) they both are under 3", most tusks you see are 6" or bigger.

Anyone have one of those triggers? How is the aggression?

jmccown
02/19/2009, 09:18 AM
I believe that if you get a healthy fish to begin with there is no need to QT. I personally don't QT and have very good luck with not doing this. When I first got into this hobby I did the whole QT thing and lost more fish this way. Now, a hospital tank is a different story.

DamnPepShrimp
02/19/2009, 09:27 AM
I thought the same with, sometimes get away with it, sometimes don't. I got 3 fish that were extremely healthy from another members tank that were in there for 3 years. Well they brought in some unknown disease (believed to be velvet) and they wiped out most of my tank. So regardless of how it "looks" I QT everything.

LisaD
02/19/2009, 10:03 AM
It's a good idea to QT, no matter where the fish is from. Stress of any sort (including harassment, if you add it directly to the DT) can precipitate an outbreak of disease, even in apparently healthy fish. Fish that have been collected, shipped, held, etc. are very stressed, and at their most vulnerable to catching/transmitting disease. LA DD do a great job of acclimating fish and getting them healthy, but even they recommend that you still QT their fish.

karaim
02/19/2009, 10:31 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14431882#post14431882 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by LisaD
It's a good idea to QT, no matter where the fish is from. Stress of any sort (including harassment, if you add it directly to the DT) can precipitate an outbreak of disease, even in apparently healthy fish. Fish that have been collected, shipped, held, etc. are very stressed, and at their most vulnerable to catching/transmitting disease. LA DD do a great job of acclimating fish and getting them healthy, but even they recommend that you still QT their fish.

+1 on QT. Aside from potential diseases and parasites, you want the fish to rest a little before subjecting it to the harassment of tankmates.