PDA

View Full Version : new tank cycling and live pods question

wnaing
02/18/2009, 11:34 PM
Hi. I am upgrading to 125 g from 90 g. The new 125 g is cycling now and will be a reef tank with dragonets. Is it a good idea to add live pods while during cycling? If so, what products would be suitable? Any tips for moving live stocks from 90 g to 125g??? Thanks.

damonbrodie
02/19/2009, 12:22 AM
if you have some live rock curing in your new tank, it will be crawling with pods after a while.

wnaing
02/19/2009, 12:37 AM
thanks for suggestion. I am wondering adding artificially by itself will help in the future???

BuddhaKiss
02/19/2009, 12:47 AM
You could, but I don't really see a need to. If your 90 was fully established, it should already have enough pods to support a mandarin. Of course, I wouldn't put a whole gang of them in right away. How many are you planning to keep? When I switched from a 58 to a 90, I was afraid the pod population was going to take a huge hit and my mandy would starve, but its doing fine, with no need for pod supplementation.

wnaing
02/19/2009, 09:49 AM
Buddhakiss, Thank you for your suggestions. I have two scooter blennies and plan to buy one manderin later. When you move to larger tank, did you move live sand/rock the same day with your fishes and corals or you move fishes/corals in later day after LS/LR settle down. I am cycling with the new sand and rock now. I have not move any sand/rock from old tank yet (not to disrupt old tank)