PDA

View Full Version : What fish for a small semi-agressive tank?

Jova
02/19/2009, 11:53 PM
I've got a 29g tank set up in my hallway. It's got about 50lbs of live rock, 6" DSB, and has only had a pair of maroon clowns in it for about 6 months. The female is about 3", and the male just over 1". I recently added a small female blue damsel, and a small domino damsel. I'm wanting to add a couple more small fish that are going to be able to keep up with the slightly agressive damsels and maroon clowns... Does anyone have any suggestions on any fish that would work out in this size of tank with these tank mates that wouldn't be getting punked out all the time? :) Thanks in advance!

DIONE@AQUATICA
02/20/2009, 12:27 AM
My recommendation would be a fridmani (purple) dottyback or a neon dottyback. They are definitely tough and they are very beautiful. Another choice would be a yellow watchman but the problem you run into could be fish jumping if you have an open top. My buddy has the same tank and he has the following: Royal gramma, court jester goby, green chromis, yellow citron goby, and true percula. I just saw that you already have a purple dottyback so my other choice would be a pygmy angel. Try a small coral beauty, they are cool fish, pretty hardy, and eat all kinds of algae. And usually under $30.00!

TheORKINMan
02/20/2009, 01:02 AM
Blue Barred Psuedochromis, mine at least is pretty bossy