PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Medic Kalkwasserstirrer KS1000

aalhait
02/20/2009, 11:41 AM
I have read the manual and in the Fig 2 it looks like you take the water out of the aquarium and back into the sump or reservoir after it passes by the KS1000. In from the 1/4 hose and out from the 1/2? Or is it the other way around?

Does it go through the 1/2 1st and get mixed, then out from the 1/4? The reason why Im asking this is there's a 1 way valve on the KS1000 coming from the drip pump which I bought SP3000 for. When I tested the air flow by just blowing in the 1/4 hose it looks it only goes (OUT from it) and cannot be pushed in (air or water I mean) so it looks like the 1/4 outlet is designe to be the outlet (not the inlet)

Can somebody tell me if the manual is all WRONG? I think in that figure 1 is the reservoir and 7 should be the tank/sump!

Any ideas?

8BALL_99
02/20/2009, 11:51 AM
You have to run freshwater through your stirrer not tank water. Fresh water runs from the 1/4" fitting at the base up through the unit then out the 1/2" fitting at the top. Most people connect their auto top off to them.
HTH

aalhait
02/20/2009, 12:00 PM
If you connect the ATO system through the KS1000 wouldn't that spike your pH? If your water evaporates at lets say 1/2G every day... Going through the KS1000 would get you really high pH water in the tank and may oversdose your pH? or am I missing something?

aalhait
02/20/2009, 12:02 PM
In other words... My conclusion is that the blue water one way valve is mis oriented... Can somebody please confirm. I can only get the ait out and cannot push air/water through the 1/4 inlet.

8BALL_99
02/20/2009, 01:05 PM
Then yeah the Blue check valve is probably turned wrong.. The 1/4 is the in the 1/2 is the out. I run two of these stirrers and have for a few years now. They work great. My ATO is controlled by my Aquacontroller3. So if the ph is high or gets to high it cuts my ATO off. You should IMO run your ATO on a timer if you dont have a ph controller. Run your ATO for only say 5 mins every hour and adjust the input into the Kalk Stirrer to just a trickle. That way it doese Kalk very slow into the sump and only for short periods at a time. Both the timer and the very slow trickle will make sure you dont spike the tanks ph

aalhait
02/20/2009, 01:22 PM
I have the AC3Pro, and all the additions to it. But how do you connect it that way? I have the SP3000 pump and I also have the triple dosing system. I'm thinking of controlling it via the SP3000 via the AC3Pro.

Can you send me your sample program to learn from?

Thanks.

aalhait
02/21/2009, 12:11 AM
Can I run Salt Water instead of Fresh? I have a ATO tank which I use for water changes. But it's not Fresh Water. It has the salt mixed in. Would that be a bad thing?