PDA

View Full Version : damsel fish ????

agreeive?fish
02/20/2009, 03:41 PM
Are there any of the damsels that retain atleast most of thier coloring when they reach adulthood??

How much of a terror in general will damsels be in my tanks at adult hood

tank 1
pwd blue tang,
scribbled angel
moorish idol,
pakistan b/f
scat,
foxface
lunnar wrasse,
coral beauty angel,
bicolor angel,
1/2 black angel,
cherb pygmy angel
WSM colownfish (juvi pair..hopefully will be a pair)
and a
juvi niger triggerfish who will be moved to tank 2 when he gets some size on him

tank 2
large female GSM clownfish
Clown triggerfish,
sailfin tang,
asfur angel,
columbian "sharks"catfish
and
powder brown tang which will be moved to tank 3 when set up and replaced with a sohal or clown tang

plannned future fish in tank2
Purple tang
personifer angel
clown or sohal tang
queen angel
niger triggerfish(from tank1)
blueline triggerfish(maybe)

the wife and kids keep hollering for some of those "prety"damsels

cash cow
02/20/2009, 05:53 PM
i would hold back on the damsels.........they get very aggressive and mean for such a small fish........they are very territorial.......if anything maybe some green chromis.......

fishtk75
02/20/2009, 06:10 PM
I second cash cow the demsels I had killed the green chromis I had in the tank. I know that they may be cheaper but!

kevinohio
02/20/2009, 06:32 PM
just say no to damsels. I like chromis, if you have 3 or more they will school sometimes. Looks cool.

mustang51js
02/20/2009, 07:20 PM
i think it depends on when you put them in, i have 2 blue-yellow tail damsels and once they get used to a fish they are fine, if you put them in last they might not be to bad, but anything i put in now they go after unless it is bigger than them

Andrew
02/20/2009, 07:54 PM
I wouldn't even bother. Damsels are just a pain in the butt in the long run.

jceli728
02/20/2009, 09:28 PM
Damsels are like babies they look cute while they are little. stay away from them like mentioned earlier very territorial they will even kill each other.

agreeive?fish
02/22/2009, 05:49 PM
well lets see what the sunday viewers have to say