PDA

View Full Version : sick frogspawn

Skipper428
02/20/2009, 04:58 PM
I have a frogspawn that does not look too good. Over the past few days he has not opened fully and his "mouths" are open wide. Sometimes, white thin spagetti like strings are secreted. I have another who doesn't seem to have any problem at all. Nothing has changed as far as water parameters go.

What might be wrong????

Skipper428
02/20/2009, 05:07 PM
also, some of the tentacles almost look like they were sliced.. very wierd... I'm very worried

cash cow
02/20/2009, 06:01 PM
it sounds to me that a fish or crab is bothering it.......keep an eye on the tank to see what is messing with it.....then go from there.

Skipper428
02/20/2009, 06:37 PM
I have never fed him before and after some research I think that might be an issue. I just tried to feed with an eye dropper and mysis but the shrimp would just float away. what do they eat? I have only had this one for a few weeks but I have had my other for quite a while and I never fed him and he is healthy.

schristi69
02/20/2009, 09:24 PM
I feed mine Reef Chili and a small chunk of fish once a week. Stick a small piece in the tentacles over the mouth and keep the flow and other fish over it. It will take a bit of time to eat. I do all my frogspawns, acans, candy canes at the same time