PDA

View Full Version : First corals introduced, some questions

hredder
02/20/2009, 06:56 PM
Ok i picked up my first three corals. I went with one torch, one blasto and one zooanthid. i was told the torch doesnt mind lots of light but not too much circulation, the blaso doesnt like too much light or circulation and the zooanthid can pretty much go anywhere. Spending lots of time with the LFS which the guys are great, just want to get some more info in regards to placement. Right now i started the corals on the lower part of the tank. the LFS uses very strong lights so I will not photo shocck them with my t5s. Anyways, now that I have my LR already establish for 2 months and now adding corals,,is it okay to redo some of the LR aquascape. Any recommendations on the coral placement and LR aquascaping are welcome

asmujica
02/25/2009, 09:57 AM
You can redo the aquascape without issue, just be carefull and try not to hit the glass or the corals. The advise you where given sounds fine, in the future I would recomend that you buy this book to get some more insights as to what each coral might need

Corals: A Quick Reference Guide (Oceanographic Series) (Hardcover)
by Julian Sprung

One thing you need to take into consideration is that corals tend to "fight" if they are to near each other. Torch corals have long sweeper tentacles so be careful as to where you place it.