PDA

View Full Version : 2 Mystery Wrasses in 1 tank?

giambi4343
02/21/2009, 11:42 AM
well the situation with my mystery wrasse getting eated by my eel is going to be resolved after all. they are going to send me a larger one for free since the one i ordered before was WAY too small. i have the little guy in a breeder tank temporarily.

i was just wondering, would i be able to keep both of the mystery wrasses in my 100 gallon tank w/o problems? that would be great if i could.

giambi4343
02/21/2009, 12:11 PM
bump

packer
02/21/2009, 12:36 PM
I think they would fight. They really work a tank over so I also dont think they could establish a section of the tank for a personal territory as they are so active. Instead of having beat up wrasses or one dead, I would make a trade with someone for something else. A Leopard wrasse Tamarin wrasse or Hawaian Flame wrasse would go nice with a mysteri. I have all four in my tank with no problems.

giambi4343
02/21/2009, 12:57 PM
i also have a yellow coris wrasse. would having a mystery, yellow coris, and one other wrasse be ok together?

Peter Eichler
02/21/2009, 01:15 PM
Being that they're two different sizes and will be added at the same time you may get lucky and they'll be ok. I'm not sure if they form pair bonds or not, but few fish are truly solitary and there's a good chance that they're hermaphroditic. You will not get a definitive answer here though, it's going to be risky but it may work.

giambi4343
02/21/2009, 02:08 PM
well i put the small one in the tank with no problems so far. he is very pretty and the eel has not touched him at all. he is probably still not feeling good from the ten pieces of krill he downed last night. he is very pretty but the only problen is, is that he is getting chased by some of the fish. he is not getting injured but just chased. the purple pseudo and by pair of clowns are the troublemakers. is this usual when fish are first added in the tank or should i worry(like i always do)?

Peter Eichler
02/21/2009, 02:32 PM
Pretty typical, especially with Pseudochromis and clowns. If it persists for more than a few days you can really start to worry.

snorvich
02/21/2009, 02:47 PM
Well clowns that are sexually mature are very aggressive. I don't see that letting up. I am leery about two mystery wrasses but do not know for sure.

giambi4343
02/21/2009, 03:14 PM
the clowns have actually left him alone but the pseudo hasnt let up. i think it may be a territory thing. you agree or no?

packer
02/21/2009, 03:42 PM
Yes psudo will keep his territory clear, but alot of times the wrasse will learn this and avoid him. Mysteri wrasses are pretty tough although passive. It will probable be ok.

giambi4343
02/21/2009, 03:44 PM
ok great. love to hear things like that

Rouselb
02/22/2009, 11:28 AM
I would say it would be okay. I have several wrasse and they dont bother each other. The lunar wrasse will feed right out of my hand.