PDA

View Full Version : DIY proyect 10 g

aaron7405
02/21/2009, 01:48 PM
I guys
After having a 55 g tank Mixed SPS and softies with goods results for 2 years I broke it down and I want to star a pico side.

I send to make to a friend a tank he did it really good, averithing as I specificate, I was going to do some almost cube rimless, With a back wall for filter media skimmer and return pump.

Mesures are 15Lx12HX15W

I had planing to get a tunze 9002 for skimming, Ehiem 600 mini pump ligth is where I just dont make up my mind, well that will be for later.

Yesterday I change my mind about the set up and I want to make a refugium. So I will be taking everithing, medias and skimmer, to the sump.

My question is
what will be the diameter 1/2 " 3/4" or 1" for the PVC of the overflow pipe than goes to the refugium? Like I say is like 9g on the tank and will be some thing like 7g in the refugium.

So far I will be posting the pics of the cube later on.

Thank you guys a lot of Q will came up

asmujica
02/25/2009, 10:06 AM
I think with the amount of flow you will be needing in that small a tank I would go with 1/2 inch bulkhead. There is a bulkhead calculator here on RC that will help you figure out the size of the bulkhead you need based on the flow you want to put through it. It is somewhere on the RC homepage.

Saludos!!

aaron7405
02/25/2009, 10:22 AM
What do you think will be a good flow on a nano? thinking on the return pump from the sump