PDA

View Full Version : Nano vs Biocube for a n00b

N00bietanker
02/21/2009, 10:59 PM
Hi, I'm new to this site but very familliar since my husband uses it all the time. I was wondering which is better. I've read alot on other sites but still puzzled. Is it true you can modify a nano tank more then a Biocube? If so it might be more what I'm looking for. Is there any pros and cons.
I want to make one my very own and put it in an office What kind of corals can I put into. I know you have to worry about fish so I'm thinking to just stick with clowns since they can be territorial. Well hopefully someone knows these tanks and which is best to buy

N00bietanker
02/22/2009, 12:04 AM
So I'm researching and I see this Red sea max and its the exact color I want Im designing my own personal office/hobby room and I'm curious if anyone knows anything specific about this modelhttp://www.shop.poshreef.com/images/1191191045289733438878.jpeg

Red Sea MAX 130D White Aquarium w/ Stand & Starter Kit

no_Wedge
02/22/2009, 12:49 AM
looks like a great system if you want to spend that much with all of their parts, or you could get an aquapod or nano with a metal halide light (better for some corals) and then use the extra money for extra pumps, skimmer, or whatever you wanted.

you can see the specs on their website, looks very easy if you don't want to mess with much of the setup, and very clean setup.

jimwil22
02/22/2009, 03:03 AM
I have a biocube and two nanos, I think the nanos
are better for a reef because they will be less expensive,
and you can modify the filtration and lighting. When you
get started, then find out you need this or that, the nanos
are easier to work with, the filtration was not adequate
on the biocube, and a hang-on-front filter looks odd.
Also the aquascaping looks better on the nanos, as
my LFS has some nice looking live rock, and it looks
like a old greek temple.

N00bietanker
02/22/2009, 08:02 AM
wow thanx for the pointers...my husband is also giving me some pointers. I might actually make one from scratch with a lot of his help and see how it works. Has anyone made their own tank? Has anyone tried to make a corner tank?