PDA

View Full Version : fish attacking me

camaro5026spd
02/22/2009, 11:54 AM
I don't know if this is the right forum for me to post this but i have four damsels that i have had in my tank for almost a year and a half now. I have two yellow tail and two white with black stripes damsels. Just about a month one of each color fish has been attacking my arm when im trying to clean the tank. They never did that up till recently. It has more so been the one yellow tailed one than anything and he just wont leave my arm alone and that mainly occurs on my left side of the tank and towards the middle the one white and black damsel nips at me here and there. Does anyone think that they might be laying eggs and just protecting there territory or just cause they are getting older and more aggressive? I also have been noticing the one yellow tail damsel has been hiding under one of the rocks on the left side and the crushed coral is kind of moved away pretty good in one spot by the rock. Im just kind of curious, it doesn't really bother me or hurt and my girlfriend sure gets a kick out of watching them attack me.

LisaD
02/22/2009, 12:05 PM
They do get more territorial with age, but it is also possible they are defending a nest. Can you shine a light into the cave to see if there are eggs?

camaro5026spd
02/22/2009, 12:19 PM
I picked up the rock today while i was cleaning the tank just to look and shined a light in the spot and couldn't really see anything but then again i don't really know what im looking for. I have a crushed coral bottom so if the eggs are kind of white or clear they might be blending in. Im definitely going to be keeping a close eye on them though. Do there appearance change when they are ready to lay eggs?