PDA

View Full Version : Email set up

drdoolittle
02/22/2009, 03:06 PM
I manage to get my AC3 pro online. I could access it via internet, aquacontroller or Iphone app.

But i having issues setting up my email. I would like to have the controller email me if something bad goes wrong like power failure and such.

Could anyone assist me and walk me through, step by step on how to set up my email.

Thanks.. any help will be apprecialted.

Ed

clp
02/23/2009, 12:00 PM
Follow the instructions below to setup email:

- Set up the From, and To email addresses in the setup->net setup->email setup menu.
- Enter the smtp server (you will need to get this server from your ISP) into the setup->net setup->email setup->smtp server.
- Try a test email - if it does work follow the debug steps at the end of this email.
- Set the email alarm name in setup->net setup->email setup to the timer name you wish to use to signal an email alarm (typically ALM).
- Enter the conditions which will cause an email alarm in the ALM timer name. Something like:

If Time > 00:00 Then ALM OFF
If Temp > 85.0 Then ALM ON
If Temp < 75.0 Then ALM ON
If pH > 8.50 Then ALM ON
If pH < 7.80 Then ALM ON

If emails are not working follow these steps to debug:

Telnet into the AquaController:
In the start -> run box of your PC type ‘telnet 192.168.1.50’ or whatever the IP address of your AquaController is.
Login to the AquaController.

At the AquaController prompt type:
cons
1 maild
mail

If you don’t understand the debug messages please send the log to me, and hopefully I can tell you what is going wrong.

Curt

drdoolittle
02/23/2009, 12:02 PM
Thanks Curt

I'll try this tonight.