PDA

View Full Version : Chevron and Half Mimic tang questions

the_rider
02/23/2009, 03:34 PM
Hi,

I have a couple of question about the next fish I will introduced during the next couple of month.

The livestock I already have is :
Sleeper Gold head goby
2 Cinnamon Clown
1 Foxface One spot
1 Copperband Butterfly

I would like to introduce a Half Black Mimic tang and a Chevron Tang.

Will they live happily together ? Which one should I introduced before ?

And last question, A mimic tang and a Half black have the same latin name : Acanthurus pyroferus

Is it the same fish with 2 and more different name ? Just want to be sure. On picture they look the same except the color pattern but it's different for each fish so ...

Thank you

the_rider
02/24/2009, 12:03 PM
Nobody ?

JamesJR
02/24/2009, 12:30 PM
Yes this is the same fish. There are a couple of juvenile color morphs for the mimic tang but they all end up looking more or less the same when they are adults.

As for your stocking, you are already pretty stocked as it is. I think your tank is a little on the small end for a mimic tang. Chevrons are beautiful buy realize they are very different looking when they are adults. I for one would probably not add a tang but if I was to I would stick with something smaller like a tominii.

MattL
02/24/2009, 12:48 PM
A 110H is a very difficult size for keeping surgeonfish. I am going to have to agree that a mimic tang would outgrow your system.

I think you have room for small and medium sized fish, but you are full up on large sized fish.

Keeping that CBB alive will be hard enough as it is. I wouldn't make matters worse by overstocking.

Matt:cool: