PDA

View Full Version : 6200 and 7094

jthomps123
02/24/2009, 08:30 AM
Is there a proper way/order to hook up this unit to this controller. I have these used and when I hook up the controller it doesnt seem responsive. I see some LEDs light up now and then but it doesnt seem to affect the pump. Nor does the food timer seem to turn the pump off. Does this controller need at least 2 pumps hooked to it?

Thanks,
Jason

rvitko
02/24/2009, 10:27 AM
Some LED's will only come on when 2 pumps are attached to the correct sockets- i.e. Interval mode only activates with a pump in the first and last sockets. Make sure the pump driver is turned all the way up. For one pump you should be able to use pulse mode and only the first socket should be used. I could email you a PDF of the manual if you need one.

jthomps123
02/24/2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks i've found the manual. It seems like the controller works fine, the LED's move when pulsing etc. The 'Pump On' light comes on when the feed button is pressed...

But the pumps doesnt seem to respond to anything the controller does.

I've made sure the voltage on the driver is all the way up. I should be able to see an instant change in the pump when going from 100% to 30% and vice-versa correct?

rvitko
02/25/2009, 09:48 AM
Yes, but the change may not always be visible to the naked eye. Check by feel. If it still doesn't work the most common cause is a broken or corroded cable. There are 5 wires in the cable, only 3 are used but because they are thin they can snap if stretched. This is most common when a driver is mounted in the stand and the controller is on a cabinet door.