PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Algae, HELLLP!!

Bernie21
02/24/2009, 10:55 AM
I know this gets asked alot here, but I need a refresher, how do I get rid of it... I have alot & my 2 emeralds & my foxface are not alleviating the problem. Thanks for any help in advanced.

kraze3
02/24/2009, 11:10 AM
I removed mine during a water change. I held my siphon house over the algae while i carefully popped them off. You need to try not to pop them or they will spread. The point of the siphon is to suck out all the crap if you do pop them.

reefscape15
02/24/2009, 11:29 AM
+1 Kraze. really i don't think anything will really "eat" them to the point of ridding them from your tank. Just don't pop them when you suck them out. If they aren't taking over, just kind of let them be. I find them kinda cool in small amounts

Emory Speight
02/24/2009, 11:29 AM
When I had to deal with bubble algae, I used tubing with a stiff toothbrush attached to the end so that the bristles extend a little past the tube and it worked great to dislodge the bubbles without breaking hardly any, and then get siphoned out. With the help of a small sailfin tang I have not seen any in close to two years.

stevenp
02/24/2009, 01:03 PM
I found that running a remote deep sand bed nearly eliminated my bubble algae over the course of a few months.

Bernie21
02/24/2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks guys, any other suggestions??? I plan on doing a water change this weekend so I'll go ahead & try these suggestions. I am also going to change my phosphate removing media & add a smallish fuge. Anything else I should ALSO be trying to do. Thanks for all the help.