PDA

View Full Version : anenome is dead ?

2t2_crash
02/24/2009, 08:45 PM
My Nem was happy front and center, and has been great in the tank for a good 8 months. Two days ago it moved to the back of the tank but still looked great. the color was good, mouth was tight and it was holding to rocks and everything else..
I come home for lunch and the nem looked almost ripped in half, it was all shriveled and falling apart, with small pieces of it in the water...

*** happened?

tylersdad
02/24/2009, 11:54 PM
What were you feeding him? I just started some fresh food from a local fishing store and my feedings have never been better. It is unbelieveable the difference it has made in my tank. You may want to look into it. I have a ton of the **** if you just wanna try some. Its the same **** ACO feeds thier fish.

Lionel
02/25/2009, 12:26 AM
i feed my tank beer and new york strip.. :D

2t2_crash
02/25/2009, 01:56 AM
I have been feeding the tank some flake food, and the anemone usually gets a small shrimp every couple weeks.. it's done great off of it.

I was shocked to see it all messed up and have no clue what could have done it.

the tank Gods dont like me to much.

tylersdad
02/25/2009, 02:04 AM
Tank gods suck. Did you get your RO/DI set up yet? Are you running carbon in your tank? My water looks soooo much better since I put that DIY carbon reactor in it. Little things like that go a long way. I have almost all the materials to make another one if you are interested, it can be a hang on back or in sump.

2t2_crash
02/25/2009, 04:13 AM
actually, no I havent set it up. Luis and I looked and planned it out the other day... I filled in the missing pieces as to what goes where... it's just all about deciding if I want to tap my water lines under the sink or not.
That and doing it.

A carbon reactor might not be a bad idea... how much does carbon cost and what size pump are you using for it? and of course, does it work like a phos reactor?

tylersdad
02/25/2009, 04:19 AM
Exactly like a phosban reactor...half the price. I use a powerhead from the BX and it has not failed me yet. The body is made of 75mm PVC, inner tubes are 16mm, and the plates are .25in cell cast acrylic. All I would need to make another one is a pump and some pve fittings.

2t2_crash
02/25/2009, 04:21 AM
hmmmm,
I'd like to see it in action one of these days if you dont mind.

tylersdad
02/25/2009, 04:26 AM
absolutly. Thursday and Friday I should be home by 1700ish, I live in Washington Heights so I know I must not be far from you. I will be diving the Karamas on Saturday morning but should be back around 1500. Just gimmie a call anytime, I think you still have my number?

2t2_crash
02/25/2009, 04:42 AM
yeah I should have it, if my wife wasn't working and I had the Dinero I'd join you guys on the Keramas dive.